Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12 minutes ago, Herbie said:

No it doesn't.

The Gracenote CD Database (CDDB) is what allows you to see the artist name and album/track title when you're playing a CD.

Thank you for that 

is there any way of updating map without going to lexus dealership. 

Where is this usb supposed to be located ? If usb is the way to update   

1 minute ago, Nicknamed said:

is there any way of updating without going to lexus dealership. 

Where is this usb supposed to be located ?

The only USB port that I know of is in the armrest console between the seats. There's a little coin tray there, just lift that out and you'll find the USB port and an 'AUX' jack.

I don't know about updating as I don't use the Lexus nav. I find it clunky, counter-intuitive, slow and generally horrible. I much prefer to use either Waze or Google Maps on my phone.

Hi Sarmad,

the website you need is.. Www.toyotamaps.online

All you need to know is on the website but basically you need to identify which design of sat nav your model has, order the software with information from your car and once you’ve paid, they will send a link to download 3 files and you’ll need a 64gb usb drive to copy them onto and then follow the prompts etc from your sat nav screen.

It takes around 90 minutes for the update to load which is why it’s so expensive at a main dealer and they throw in ‘freebies’ because otherwise you are paying for a technician to twiddle their thumbs for an hour and a half!

This is a genuine Toyota website not a ‘copycat’ one and I used it to update my sat nav in the car without any issue whatsoever 

I hope that helps😀

Kev

I think a lot of people will be interested in your experience if you go further with this so please let us know how it goes, also what is involved  and if you do pics of install if possible.  How would this be updated in future?

I found the Lexus sat nav prone to errors, clunky and lacking what I wanted.  My GO 6200 Tomtom provides updated maps several times a year along with speed camera alerts ETA and a lot of other info and is a lot more accurate, has a touch screen among other features and all this with free updates.  The one minor drawback is that there is a slight reflection at the front of the drivers side window at night.  I have now obtained a hood (which I am currently modifying)  to fit to the Tomtom, which I believe will stop this reflection.  This was the how I mounted the sat nav without affecting the CD player obscuring vents or obscuring any instruments or controls. https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/120872-fit-aftermarket-satnav-and-integrate-into-rx-audiosystem/

Incidentally, I have turned up the sound volume of the Tomtom so alerts can be heard over the level of any music as I have not yet found a way to play it over the car's audio system whilst muting whatever is being already played on the audio system.

Sorry I forgot to say it cost me about $79 which I didn’t think was too bad as I prefer the bigger screen for directions and for me works well but as others have highlighted it’s not easy to use postcodes so I use the road name instead- still gets me there and I don’t risk getting fined using a mobile at the wheel...

the usb stick plugs into the connector in the centre arm rest.

Hi Madsod. This site toyotamapsonline said to me that I need to change hdd. Usb  wouldn’t work for my model. 

Here are the two options for me 

1. https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/lexus-2010-2012-vline-carplay-android-auto-infotainment-system-navigation-upgrade.html

and 2. https://toyotamaps.online/equipment/toyota-lexus-hdd-gen6-eu-maps?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

I’m not jumping to do either yet as opening these consoles etc. doesn’t look that straightforward to me !

Hi Sunny,

Having looked at the website in more detail, it’s clear you can’t update as I suggested but the website says....

I have a 6th generation navigation system with HDD. Can I purchase the USB map update?

Unfortunately, you can't. The 6th generation (2009-2013 Toyota & Lexus) can only be updated by direct access to the HDD. You can buy the HDD with preinstalled maps. Or you can buy the update package (for a symbolic price, of course) that you need to download and copy to your hard drive yourself. Instructions will be included. The latter requires some tools and computer skills.

Did Toyota say what the process is to buy the ‘update package’ and copy the data to your existing hard drive instead of taking the car to pieces to install an actual HDD preloaded with the map data.

if it entails removing your existing HDD to get it connected to say a laptop, then you might just as well install a new preloaded drive instead and save the hassle along with getting a newer HDD than you currently have on your car.

I guess you’ve got some decisions to make including if you think it’s worth the hassle to update the cars built in system.

cheers

Kev

Mine is a 2011 RX450h and I had the SatNav updated around 2 year ago when I first bought it.

Upgraded from 2011 to 2017 maps and software.

Lexus Teesside used a USB stick for this which they had to obtain from Lexus UK.

It cost around £160 and took around two and a half hours with a hybrid system check included.

For myself it works well and I gave my old SatNav away.

Lexus Teesside gave me the USB stick that they had used to do the update