Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New aftermarket RCF exhaust system

I checked with my local dealer before installing and they said as long as the after market part wasn't accountable for the problem then warranty would remain intact, i.e if there is a wheel hub warranty claim, that can't be attributed to an exhaust being fitted... hope that makes sense? 😄

• Like 1

There are previous posts on this if it helps.  I spoke to TWG who confirmed that the Quicksilver exhaust wouldn’t invalidate the warranty because it’s only from the rear axle back. A more extensive exhaust system which affects the sensors etc or which has valves would invalidate the warranty.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DAW said:

There are previous posts on this if it helps.  I spoke to TWG who confirmed that the Quicksilver exhaust wouldn’t invalidate the warranty because it’s only from the rear axle back. A more extensive exhaust system which affects the sensors etc or which has valves would invalidate the warranty.

Interesting, when I spoke to my dealer, they made no differentiation... I have a mid pipe that removed the secondary cats and has valved back boxes... might need to do some digging before my next MOT then haha!

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Interesting, when I spoke to my dealer, they made no differentiation... I have a mid pipe that removed the secondary cats and has valved back boxes... might need to do some digging before my next MOT then haha!

I spoke to TWG originally because I was interested in an after market exhaust system for more sound, but didn’t want to invalidate my warranty.  There was also the confusing issue of Lexus dealerships selling F’s with aftermarket exhausts which were covered by a retail warranty that were being extended on the 2:4:1 deal.  

When I spoke to my dealer they thought that a back box system wouldn’t be an issue because it’s not covered by the warranty being a perishable item. However they couldn’t rule out whether or not It would invalidate the warranty & suggested I speak to an area manager who they would have to contact for decisions on difficult claims.  

TWG were very helpful & explained that because Lexus want a very comprehensive warranty that covers such items as the sensors in the exhaust - they therefore want to preclude possible damage caused to them during reinstallation into a more extensive after market system.  

They also told me they would not cover systems with valves because of possible issues which may arise from variations in back pressures etc the car was not designed to accommodate.

TWG did confirm that the Quicksilver rear axle back system (commissioned by Lexus for the Goodwood FoS) would not affect any of the warrantied items so would not invalidate the warranty.

• Like 1

I was told by Hedge End there would be no issues fitting a cat back system and that they had quite a few customers running them with no problems with warranty claims.

6 hours ago, C.B said:

I was told by Hedge End there would be no issues fitting a cat back system and that they had quite a few customers running them with no problems with warranty claims.

My dealer said the same as have a few others that members have asked, but my dealer also said that I would need to check with TWG to be sure.  

The dealers put the claims through & will certainly fight their customers corner, but ultimately it’s TWGs decision, particularly if a claim is not straightforward.  I’m sure for most claims it probably wouldn’t be an issue given the general views of the dealers.  

Personally, having spent the money on the warranty I would be pretty miffed if the first time I needed to claim they refused to pay because I was deemed to have invalidated my warranty.  Ultimately it’s a personal choice about the risk - I just want to pass on the info for people to make an informed decision.👍🏻

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links