Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need new wipers

Long wet journey home and now find one of my front wipers badly split.  Seems previous owner fitted non Lexus wipers but previous thread I read (but can't find now using club search facility) showed most favour the genuine Lexus Denso Hybrid so I am going with these.  ECP have a highly discounted offer (last day 30th Sep) and I found these most competitive with heavy discount at £21-74 the pair.  Yes I know they have have frequent sales and without discount are expensive but thought this might be of interest to somebody needing new wipers soon.  I will collect from local ECP branch today.

• Like 1

Rather like tyres everyone seems to have a preferred brand of wiper blades. I fitted Bosch blades to my GS450H, and found them to be excellent clearing the screen well with no noise. These were bought from Aldi initially at £3 each blade around this time a year ago. In April I called at Aldi to find they were on sale at £1.50 each so I bought two more sets, and two very long blades for the wife's Aygo "I think they were 28 inch long" so 6 blades for £9 in total.

John.   

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Barry.  I've found the Denso blades work well and they also maintain the Lexus look.  Like you I got my last set on a ECP special offer but still nothing like the Aldi price for Bosch; that is a very good deal.

I asked ECP if they did just the refills as sometimes the carrier is fine and it is just the rubber ends that come away whilst the rest of the rubber an carrier and parts are OK but they don't. Actually, I found the old blades were in fact the Denso Hybrid and if you look at these in cross section it is amazing what little rubber there is at the narrowest point.  Apart from the split ends all else appears good on the old ones and I will extract the long metal supports  and then rubbers.  I will then get some suitable rubber and thread this back into the carrier followed by the metal supports. A small blob of black silicone will secure these and I will have a spare set of wipers.  Why replace the whole thing at more cost and environmental damage unnecessarily?

Agree Bosch blades are good - have them on my BMW but was not sure the frame  articulates at each end as they do for the RX. I think one has to question whether at the quoted price the 'Bosch Blades' from Aldi were premium quality and would be long lasting but maybe worth a punt.

Next thing is to get some rain-x 

On 9/30/2019 at 2:42 AM, Barry14UK said:

Long wet journey home and now find one of my front wipers badly split.  Seems previous owner fitted non Lexus wipers but previous thread I read (but can't find now using club search facility) showed most favour the genuine Lexus Denso Hybrid so I am going with these.  ECP have a highly discounted offer (last day 30th Sep) and I found these most competitive with heavy discount at £21-74 the pair.  Yes I know they have have frequent sales and without discount are expensive but thought this might be of interest to somebody needing new wipers soon.  I will collect from local ECP branch today.

I think Lexus Cheltenham charged me £23 for all 3 fitted in March when my car was Mot'd. 

I got my Denso wipers from ECP in their last sale, and because they are car specific they fit my LS perfectly without any fiddly adapters.  I have tried Bosch in the past but I haven't found a "direct" fit, so it'll always be Denso for me.

Get genuine parts for a fraction of the price of main dealer at Lexus Parts Direct!

Front wipers from £7.90 inc VAT. Use discount code lovelexus for free delivery across the UK.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rx/lexus-rx-phase-iii-2009-2015/lexus-rx-2009-2015-exterior-interior/lexus-rx-phase-3-n-s-f-wiper-blade/

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/uncategorised/lexus-rx-phase-3-o-s-f-wiper-blade/

I needed one for my MOT last week, bought one initially for £19 from Halfrauds, it split within days and to be honest was rubbish in clearing the screen, anyway i took it back and got a refund. I bought this one instead, absolutely superb so far and only £13 including delivery. 

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/rx-400h-years-2005-to-2009-wiper-blades/wbtr-26-retrofit-aero-wiper-blade