Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want To Go Lower

Lexus Jim

turns out I already got the lower sport springs on my motor. I'm getting the shockers changed on my car anyhow so might as well get it lowered at the same time, so what to do:

I've got a spare set of sport springs and can get these lowered by a company for £30 a pair. anyone had this done? is it any good?

Other option is to buy some lowering springs, but which ones and how much as I'm not too flush at the minute

Also how low should I go, I know a lot of people go about 35mm, is this 35mm on top of the 15mm lower that a sport is, or 35mm lower than standard SE and S

Cheers for any advice

Steve,

Had a real go with a Mitsubishi FTO (all the bits lovely car) no worries on the straight (w/out NOS).............

came to a LH corner (flyover) with slight indentations every 100 metres or so where diff sections joined............these cause my car to pitch a tad at 80/90........................this is due to shocks not coping..............

went round that same bend at 110 car was not stable at all..............FTO went back as if on a sunday drive rock steady.....................

Bet if I'd of had coil overs (noisey maybe) I'd not have had the body movement..............

Anyway.................aside from that He drove by today (lives near me)..........front stoved in................not funy coz its a lovely looking car but goes to show !

Any way..............my view is that coil overs are he way to go !

Well said Dave...

It's just that the ride in my car has changed so much ..

i.e the settings are maxed out to compensate for the Bouncyness...

So the car feels so bumpy now and just ... not nice...

I defo prefered the old set up... more comfy, and handling was o.k

your confusing me now....

Maybe I just get a better set of coilovers ?

People say you get what you paid for.... But I guess I never knew I paid for a Bouncy coilover kit nor noisy one :unsure:

The Apexi N1 are also stiff. N1 refers to the Japanese racing specs.

The Tein NA , HA and HR are also very stiff, if you want more comfortable coilovers, either go for the Tein CS or Flex, or for something like the HKS LS+.

Coilovers do not automatically mean stiff. I have the Apexi WS coilovers on my GS and these are very comfortable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links