Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF ownership one year on

Well I’ve had my RCF for a year now and the fact I’m writing this is a real turnaround for me. Being a serial car changer I have rarely kept a car longer than a year due to boredom with the same old same old. Although my V12 twin turbo AMG did last for 14 months, my V8 Esprit only lasted 11 months despite ploughing an eye watering amount of money to get it in tip top shape

Having seen one in the flesh at my local petrol station then watching the Chris Harris video of the RCF I was hooked  

In the 12 months I’ve had the car I find myself liking it more than when I first bought it. Although it has only done 8000 miles it has never missed a beat or caused any concern despite me going overboard with buying a car with the AVS suspension and the TVD. In fact I felt so confident in Lexus build quality/engineering I was quite happy to buy the car with these items, something I would never have contemplated with any of my past car brands.

The navigation is crap so I keep my current TomTom for journeys, the sound system is pretty good for a car environment and the fuel consumption is really 20 MPG.

After about the first month onwards I drove the car in mostly the manual setting as I feel the car a bit sluggish in Auto. because it has so many gears in auto it seemed to be in top gear a few hundred metres down the road.

There is no doubt about the fact these cars are crying out for an aftermarket exhaust the standard one is just far too quiet and doesn’t inspire you to drive enthusiastically.

Despite what a few people have said I like the ventilated seats and for a person who ‘runs’ hot in a car they are a God-send in the summer months for someone like me. They make any long trip on a hot day a pleasure as does the AVS suspension setting which is softer by default.

I can think of a few cars I’ll probably replace it with, I’ve always lusted after the AMG SLS and of late been very tempted to place a deposit for the new upcoming mid engined C8 Corvette which actually fits in my plans quite well as it’s due mid 2021 so I may just keep the RCF until then.

• Like 9

Nice one! 

I believe we both put in an offer on that RCF at Westover...doesn't seem like yesterday. Glad you got sorted, I popped back to the dark side but am still looking for the right car. There's not much out there at the moment! 

I think as time goes on the parting gets harder, I’m sure after a 48hr test drive in a corvette or an AMG I think the RCF will stay, I’ve had my ISF coming up 5years and there isn’t particularly anything I’d like to replace it with, my obvious choice is the GSF but the shape isn’t for me personally....(the only colour would be orange flare too)......for the boredom factor I run a second car that I tend to change fairly often. 

2 hours ago, doog442 said:

Nice one! 

I believe we both put in an offer on that RCF at Westover...doesn't seem like yesterday. Glad you got sorted, I popped back to the dark side but am still looking for the right car. There's not much out there at the moment! 

Small world indeed I did, apart from them not wanting to do a deal the paint-work was diabolical in bright sunshine.

2 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Nice review! Is the navy as bad as the isf? Thought they'd have sorted it out.

It really isn't that good in my opinion, the other thing going for the later TomTom's is the fact they have a very good speed camera alerting system that's as good as the Road Angel products.

28 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

It really isn't that good in my opinion, the other thing going for the later TomTom's is the fact they have a very good speed camera alerting system that's as good as the Road Angel products

All cars has a really good speed camera alerting system. It's called a speedometer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

It really isn't that good in my opinion, the other thing going for the later TomTom's is the fact they have a very good speed camera alerting system that's as good as the Road Angel products."

"Navy" got to love auto spell! The standard ISF nav has made some unforgettable memories for me though I once put an address in to pick a car up from a farm on the outskirts of Birmingham and ended up at a very sketchy block of flats with the exact same name as the farm house, car quickly got surrounded by the occupants of said flats who actually turned out to be pretty helpful luckily! 

12 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

All cars has a really good speed camera alerting system. It's called a speedometer!

Such words of wisdom, do you get out much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nottingham is a nightmare for traffic cameras of all varieties.

I may have let my right foot slip a couple of times on the M40, that road essentially a race track it seems anyway 😆

The problem is, you just get in the power band and you're already touching naughty speeds.

Awesome engine.