Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Cover

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's still possible to get tailored/fitted car covers from Covercraft.  I have used these on other cars, and they are pretty good:  breathable, not waterproof, so they are better than the plastic ones.

But if you want to keep your car well-protected from the winter weather, and don't have a dry garage, I'd recommend an outdoor Carcoon.  Not cheap, and you need a mains power socket to run the transformer which powers the fans and also keeps the Battery trickle-charged. 

Not really sensible if you are aiming to continue using the car on a daily/weekly basis, as putting the Carcoon up and taking it down is a bit of an exercise.  But far better than any car cover if you are in effect "storing" the car outside over the winter.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, not sure whether this is fate but I came across my carcraft car cover that I kept after selling my Mk1 IS200. Is your IS200 a mk1 or mk2? It’s in immaculate condition, only used half a dozen times before I sold the car for my first house purchase, lol. Let me know if you’re interested and I can send pics if required.

Kindest Regards

Ed C