Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Choice. 2016 450h

Hi I would recommend factory fit or your car will crash and your insurance will not pay up your be thrown in jail by the police .i think that's how it goes on here lol. But on a serious note I'd stick to dunlops until the big boys release a better range but of course that's just an opinion on a public forum and I'm sure someone will be along to rap by knuckles with there old head teacher ruler 🤐

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Any help on choosing tyres(235 55 R20 ) for my RX450h premier would be highly appreciated ! I was searching for Michelin cross climate but 20" is not available even in Michelin website.

Currently its running with 2 new Accelara IOTA S 68 s in the back and 2 Dunlop Sportmaxx in the front . Right now one of the front tire sidewall started leaking and I wanted to change everything to a new 4X4 cross climate .  Any 

Hi Moonwalker, just had the same issue with not being able to find CrossClimates in 20'.      After a bit of research and ringing Lexus dealer where i got the car, i ended up with Yokahama Geolander.  Had them on for a few weeks and i can say they are fine. Quiet, and far far cheaper than the Dunlop SportMax.   Lexus were offering these tyres themselves so thought i would give them a go.  

• Like 1

The Michelin LTX premier is an all season tyre which is available in 4RX size. However, its £260 each. 

Ive had the Bridgestone duelers on from factory and theyre also very quiet. No complaints bar the wear rate and only about £150 each

The fronts were gone after 16k miles, The rears are on 4mm at 30k miles currently, the same as the new fronts. So they tend to last anywhere between 15k-20k on the front which is reasonable for the weight of the vehicle.

Thanks for the quick response and I really appreciate the help !

Any day I can vouch for Yokohama Geolander because I have used it for my earlier 4X4 many years in my old jeep. But I rate Michelin's above Yoko's in wet surfaces due to it's wet braking control and comfort. I have seen Michelin LTX  in the website but doubtful about it's cross climate ability due to thread positioning. Any idea why Michelin stop selling 20 " Cross Climates in UK ? 

Hi, I'm new to the RX world myself so this is based on my experience on other vehicles that I've run with 20" wheels.

Personally I've always used Bridgestone and Falken tyres and run them on both a Range Rover sport and Jaguar XKR for 10 years and would have no hesitation myself  putting either on my own RX when the time comes.

Cheers.

I have two new Accelra's fitted in my back wheels(already fitted by dealer)and ideally should go for another two in front , but I am not confident with these budget tyres. Is there any one have an experience with Accelra IOTA ST68 ? If I don't get Michelin cross climate, feel to go with this to avoid wastage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links