Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

problems with blistering lacquer on wheels nx

ron1953

On 10/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, ron1953 said:

Has anyone had problems with the lacquer on their diamond cut wheels blistering

I have a 2017 nx 300h f sport just over 2 years old and the lacquer on the wheels is starting to

blister in several places

the dealer  told me he had spoke to the lexus warranties and they said they had know other

complaints about the wheels , so they would not be prepared to do anything .

has anybody else had this problem

iphone pics 1102019 274.JPG

I had the same problem with my car  under used car warranty and a claim was rejected by warranty. The claim then went to customer relations and Lexus refurbished the wheels as new wheels weren't available. I spoke to the company doing the work who advised that the lacquer coating wouldn't last. They asked me to visit them and showed me a shadow chrome which looks like a Lexus finish. I managed to get them powder coated  after speaking with Lexus Cheltenham so now more durable and look great. My car was 4 years old. Yours is still under warranty. Push to get it sorted. 

The bubbling on my wheels was around the centre caps just like yours. 

I had one or more alloys replaced under warranty, no questions asked, because of corrosion issues on each of three of five ISs I owned, the last time         

in a 2013 300h.  Having read negative comments on this Forum about diamond-cuts, I was worried history might have repeated itself with my 2016                                        

RC300h but, when I recently traded the car in after 71000km, the wheels were as good as new.  This might well have been attributable to the lightness  

of the salting of the roads for three consecutive mild winters but I like to believe the following simple care & maintenance regimen also helped:

*  Don't let the wheels get too dirty

*  Wash only with normal car shampoo using a wheel brush if necessary

*  Apply a protective wax, e.g. Collinite, 3-4 times a year

I should have added to my above post that Lexus, probably because of criticism of the diamond-cuts, has reverted to a normal - albeit darkened - finish for the

2019 RC F-Sport wheels and, while retaining the same design as the old diamond-cuts for the top-grade non-F-Sport model, now produces it  solely in a plain-                                                                                                 

alloy version.

Thanks again every one for your help and support.

Back to the dealer again tomorrow ,Lexus customer care  has ask the dealer to take in-depth pictures of each wheel

and there position on the car  ?

O well let see what happens next , ill keep you up to date .

Hi again every one ,

This is an update.

I'll start with Thanking everyone that took the time to respond to my call for HELP with the problem of BLISTERING WHEELS.

As you all know I took it to the dealer , who then contacted the warrantee people at LEXUS , and the reply was NO ! .

And then going by the advice of some of the long time members , I contacted customer relations at LEXUS  , who then spoke to the

man dealing with my complaint at  Steven Eagell , Rayleigh weir ,  Essex .

I was then asked by Lexus  to go back to the dealer so that they could take more in-depth pictures of the corrosion on each wheel .

After a few days customer relations came back and said they would replace 3 wheels under warrantee ( GREAT FANTASTIC ) ,

So then I go back onto customer relation again and spoke to the same man ( who by the way was so helpful and very under standing

about my complaint ) .

I said I was very please with their decision , but my concerns were having 3 new wheels on the car and then the remaining wheel would starts to corrode

like the others did within a short time after, and then having to go through all the warrantee procedure again .

He said he was thinking the same thing, so he got back onto warrantees again , then called me back the next day saying they would replace the 4 wheel at

no charge to me as a gesture of goodwill .

I am so please with the way customer relation at LEXUS and the service  contact person  at steven eagell  dealt with this matter and the help and advice I got from this site  .

Thanks again EVERYONE

• Like 4

First of all I asked Lexus  if I could have the whole set of wheels powder coated .

They said they wanted the damaged ones back so they could investigate the problem with the lacquer 

Ron

1 hour ago, Charlie Alder said:

Glad to see Lexus living up to their reputation of customer service other car manufacturers can only dream of.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, they were pushed this time. Keep the strength of the membership around you !!

1 hour ago, Charlie Alder said:

Glad to see Lexus living up to their reputation of customer service other car manufacturers can only dream of.

Haha...how many times was he fobbed off or I am missing some irony here:wink3:

Lexus never use to quibble about replacing corroded wheels, I mean who wants to see a two year old car with scabby wheels ? Hardly a great advert for the marque. 

As for other manufacturers, most of the premium ones will replace them but the underlying issue as stated further up is the fact they are diamond cut.  

To be fair when I picked up my mazda, the generation that I brought were well known for bad paint on wheels. When I first went to see it both rear wheels had gone at under 3 years old, but they said mazda had stopped doing replacements under warranty, dealers had to sort it. Had all four done at the dealers expense.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I agree. My first venture  into the world of Lexus was the purchase of a 53 plate IS200 SE in 2004. Great car had it for 13 years. It had diamond  cut wheels. Within 6 months I managed to scuff both front wheels. Asked Lsxus Readibg how much repair would be and theg said they would replace them under warranty  as they could see a small amount of  corrosion on  them. Those were the days.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links