Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It might be best to check with Lexus, but I shouldn't have thought that it would affect either warranty or resale value.

I have my venerable GS430 serviced by Toyota (Lexus are too far away) but then it's worth zip and ain't got no warranty.

Cracking car though 🙂

1 hour ago, IanA2 said:

It might be best to check with Lexus, but I shouldn't have thought that it would affect either warranty or resale value.

I have my venerable GS430 serviced by Toyota (Lexus are too far away) but then it's worth zip and ain't got no warranty.

Cracking car though 🙂

I agree with Ian re checking with Lexus.

Lexus is Lexus and Toyota is Toyota.One would not expect Ford to  honour a Vauxhall warranty.

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

I agree with Ian re checking with Lexus.

Lexus is Lexus and Toyota is Toyota.One would not expect Ford to  honour a Vauxhall warranty.

Although it might be a wee bit different given the closeness of the Toyota-Lexus relationship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanA2 said:

Although it might be a wee bit different given the closeness of the Toyota-Lexus relationship. 

A wee bit possibly, Ian, but, But I very much doubt it.

Certainly MB would not honour a Smart warranty?

Let`s wait for the feedback of Oliver.

1 hour ago, Cramorra said:

I ll ask

mb and smart works as long as the dealer is ok

i ll ring Lexus no Lexus on island

I never thought to look for Oliver`s location.

I do know that there are no main dealers on Tierra del Fuego !!

Update- email from Lexus 

Thanks for your email about your Lexus GS-F.

I've spoken to the warranty provider and they will make an exception as you live on the Isle of Wight.  I assume the Toyota agent you are referring to is Wight Motors.  You can use them for your servicing without affecting the warranty. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cramorra said:

Update- email from Lexus 

Thanks for your email about your Lexus GS-F.

I've spoken to the warranty provider and they will make an exception as you live on the Isle of Wight.  I assume the Toyota agent you are referring to is Wight Motors.  You can use them for your servicing without affecting the warranty. 

When I had an Alfa the Fiat dealer my wife uses serviced it. No issue with servicing because all the parts were common to both(had fiat and Alfa logos on filters etc) and have a common computer database , but they couldn't do warranty work. 

11 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

When I had an Alfa the Fiat dealer my wife uses serviced it. No issue with servicing because all the parts were common to both(had fiat and Alfa logos on filters etc) and have a common computer database , but they couldn't do warranty work. 

And if I go by my Alfa experience you might have required this- lots😉

My local Lexus and Toyota garages are all Jemca owned; Lexus Croydon don’t have their own garage and you have to take you Lexus to the local Toyota garage for servicing.  I find Jemca a bit m’eh to be honest.  

They’re a trek away but I found Lexus Hatfield to be brilliant - their parts and service do go the extra mile on any questions you ask.

Many Toyota dealerships refuse to service Lexuses.. especially hybrid ones. They usually say it's something to do with software compatibility.. but i think it's just an agreement between Lexus and Toyota.. 

12 hours ago, Cramorra said:

And if I go by my Alfa experience you might have required this- lots😉

1 issue in 20,000 + miles - air cleaner support bracket fractured going over a big speed cushion. 2013 Mito Diesel. Great little car. Got from Gloucester to Scotland on less than a tank of fuel fully laden. Average of 71mpg. 

• Like 1