Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3GS Front hubs

Ziggy1024

Hopefully an easy one for someone - 3rd gen GS (mines a 2010 450h) front hubs:

Are they all the same? I.e. gs300,430,450h etc.?

Are NSF and OSF actually the same part?

Are they the same as on the IS too?

Just trying to find out what I'm looking for!

Cheers all.

The NSF, and OSF are the same part fitting the 3rd gen 300, 430, 450H. I cannot say if they are the same for the IS, but checking eBay they do appear to be the same part. The best price I found was £29-90 delivered.

John.

• Thanks 1

Thanks John. So you've tried the non-name-brand ones then? They are certainly tempting at that price, but do they last more than 5 minutes? Bad memories of fitting cheap pattern wheel bearings on my XJ6 a few years ago...

I have not changed the front hubs on my GS450H, but I did change the NSF hub on my Prius using a budget part from a supplier in Ireland. The OEM part lasted 90,000 miles, and when I sold the Prius the replacement part had covered 60,000 miles without problems.
I personally would go for the budget part as the genuine version is 6 times the price. If your doing it yourself it's an easy job so even if it only lasted for 20k it would be worth while. However different people will have different views on budget parts.
I did at one time have a Mazda 626 7seat estate, and this required a rear bearing. The price from Mazda was £268. Going to Fafnir I bought a bearing for £18, and guess what. On dismantling the rear hub the OEM bearing was a Fafnir. The moral is do not believe OEM is always better or the only way to go.

John 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suspect you're right - it's just the memory of having to do the job twice on the Jag (second time in the dark and the rain!) that makes me hesitate! You're right though; 'you get what you pay for' just isn't always true these days...

We had a 7 seat 626 back in the day - a 1990 626 'GT'. My old man had another 626 before that too - 1985 'lx' in blue with blue velour interior. 😎