Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

23 hours ago, malcolmw said:

On the NX, it is not possible to identify which wheel is which. You just get a warning message and you need to check out which tyre is low yourself. This is because Lexus recommends rotating wheels round on the car to equalise wear (see handbook). This would obviously confuse the system or cost you a fortune in TPMS reprogramming.

Of course, nobody actually does this...

Check out my post earlier about the limitations of some mini-VCI connectors.

Regarding the TPMS sensor battery status, I don't think you can see this on Techstream. Some of the other tools (Bartec, Autel etc.) do seem to give a battery OK output.

Thanks Malcolm.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:21 AM, Andy B said:

@Britprius

Hi John,

Wondered if I could ask a question please....

I recently invested in Techstream and a Mini-VCI cable. I connected to the car fine and can see all the information.

With regards to TPMS, am I right in saying that it's possible to view the voltage (i.e. the remaining battery life) for each sensor? If so, where is this information held please? I looked at the TPMS readouts but couldn't see anything obvious.

Also, the ID codes for each sensor are only labelled 1 through 4. Is it possible to work out which sensor relates to which wheel?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Andy.

Sorry for the late response. From memory to see the Battery condition in Techstream you have to select one of the keys on the lefthand edge of the screen. I think it is marked "data". Further from what I can gather depending on the version of the software you have it will give you the actual voltage or a description from translated Japanese. I cannot remember the actual words but it was not high or low, or full, and empty, but you will understand the wording.

When I get chance I will connect up to the car, and give more precise details.

John. 

20 hours ago, 39buss said:

The seller has sent me a new disc. It doesn't work in my laptop but does in the PC.  I'm taking it to the PC shop tomorrow to have the disc loaded as I can see it's going to save me a load of frustration time.  Whether I can use it is another matter.  I tried another TPMS person today to read my 3 x re-batteried sensors but his kit wouldn't read the codes.  He's going to look into it and get back.  The working OE-R sensor pictured above is £35 with programmable instructions inc.  That may be plan C.

Try loading the files from the disc to a memory card or stick on your PC then use that on your laptop.

John.

16 hours ago, Britprius said:

Hi Andy.

Sorry for the late response. From memory to see the battery condition in Techstream you have to select one of the keys on the lefthand edge of the screen. I think it is marked "data". Further from what I can gather depending on the version of the software you have it will give you the actual voltage or a description from translated Japanese. I cannot remember the actual words but it was not high or low, or full, and empty, but you will understand the wording.

When I get chance I will connect up to the car, and give more precise details.

John. 

Thanks John. I will connect the car to Techstream again and have a more closer look.

• 2 weeks later...

I've passed a 3 volt current through the chip without the batteries fitted and two of the sensors completed the circuit but one didn't so I'm a bit puzzled still as to why the other 2 sensors failed within a couple of weeks of each other, according to Kwikfit and an indie who uses Autel kit. I took the re-batteried sensors back to Kwikfit but same result, all 3 failed.  I wonder if their kit won't read genuine Lexus sensors.  Nee sweat as friends took a shine to the car and they're happy to plod about in it  as it is so this gives us time to suss the problem at leisure.  I may take the sensors  to Lexus Newcastle just to satisfy my curiosity.  BTW the mini vci and discs I got off eBay have been returned with a full refund as they didn't work.  My computer man couldn't even download them. I'm thinking of a Plan "D"

• 6 months later...

I am looking for the genuine TPMS sensors for 2005 Reg. Lexus GS430. Does anyone know their part number as it looks as they differ from those Lexus GS430 manufactured in 2006-2007 and also differ from the same model but manufactured for the American market? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, intersidereal said:

I am looking for the genuine TPMS (tyre pressure monitor system) sensors for 2005 registration Lexus GS430. Does anyone know their original Lexus part number as it looks as they differ from those cars. of the same Lexus GS430 manufactured in 2006-2007 and also differ from the same model but manufactured for the American market? Thanks.

• 8 months later...

The Lexus GS430 2005 does not have the valves with tpms registration or batteries so do not waste your money.

The tyre pressures are monitored through the abs on wheel rotation as with some audi, bmw toyota to mention a few,

this is why you will not find any ref in techstream to tpms you will only get notification of low tyre preessure on dash.

Also you will not get any reading trying to check valves with readers, they can't read what is not there, save your money.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links