Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc and abs light

Hi guys , just done front wheel bearings on my o4 2gen rx300 , did nearside first ni probs and the took for a run still all good but a little rumble coming from OSf, so changed it the next day took it for a run great noise all gone smooth as silk .

before I did the bearings , when you pulled up the brakes felt as if the offside was releasing but now works great , pulls up even great , but the ABS andVSC light are on , any ideas 

many thanks mike

You will have to recheck your work you will have damaged or not reconnected the wiring abs sensors etc properly .if no warnings before you touched the brakes 99%of the time it will be your own doing I'm afraid .

There was abit of a prob with osf brake or when coming to a stop it felt like calliper was releasing and rebraking, but no lights so I’m thinking the sensor is faulty any way , because while lights are on and normal brakes working it dosnt do it

I'll think your find abs doesn't work below say 3-5 mph .did you check your calliper sliders for binding doing the repair. Any damage to the sensor gear or bracket try checking the sensor resistance with the other side .

• Like 1

Had it all apart doing wheel bearings , and cleaned everything, there was a lot of like iron filings on both sensors when I cleaned them , but I will check resistance 

thanks 

• Like 1