Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1. The 'Turn Signal Indicator' volume on my 2007 GS300 is very quiet. It's not helped with me now being a bit deaf (don't suggest hearing aids, been there, done that). Can the volume be increased using an OBD reader/scanner? I haven't got one but thought I might ask my indy when it's in for service if it can be done.

2. As an alternative, has anyone had any experience of fitting and/or using one of these in the link below?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-INDICATOR-WARNING-BUZZER-A-MUST-HAVE-/252651891201

1 hour ago, JeffL said:

1. The 'Turn Signal Indicator' volume on my 2007 GS300 is very quiet. It's not helped with me now being a bit deaf (don't suggest hearing aids, been there, done that). Can the volume be increased using an OBD reader/scanner? I haven't got one but thought I might ask my indy when it's in for service if it can be done.

2. As an alternative, has anyone had any experience of fitting and/or using one of these in the link below?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-INDICATOR-WARNING-BUZZER-A-MUST-HAVE-/252651891201

The volume cannot be adjusted in Techstreem or any other system. The buzzer you have listed will work fine but you may have to muffle it slightly if it is two loud.

John.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OldTrout said:

Jeff

If you fit this warning buzzer please post a report. There are quite a few us with the same problem.

John

I consider myself to have decent hearing but on my IS300h the mechanical signal cancellation itself is not great and I find myself checking the dash for the light to have stopped. Not great for safety, would be good if Lexus fixed via a firmware update. Seems across the range this is a “problem”.

• Like 1

Hi Jeff

Have not fitted the extra warning buzzer on my UX as its not needed but have fitted one on my 69 Lotus Elan for the same reasons ie could not hear the original and the self cancel did not always work. Has been fitted for about 5 years now and works great. The one I fitted was sold as a motorcycle fitment and it does not start beeping loud for the first few blinks so probably would not come on and annoy you if you are using the quick lane change flash feature.

Very easy to fit and highly recommended for similar situations.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just posted the following in the RX section on another thread about the same topic.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/167053-turn-signal-indicators-too-quiet/

See above link. It's from 2015 so some of the eBay links don't work. From what I understand, gazza1286 on the Toyota forum fitted an ADDITIONAL( ?) relay?  which activates in parallel with the original one in the car? If I'm understanding this correctly it will have increased the sound volume 100%. What do anyone of you think about this solution? Personally I wouldn't attempt to do anything like this myself, I'd have to get an auto electrician or my local indy to do it for me, but in principle do you think this might resolve the problem?