Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing at 100K.

stormchaser

I’m just over that now at 100540. On Friday the CT is having a service and MOT. I’ve requested that the spark plugs should be changed too as extra. He stated they’re done at 60K. I’ve got 30K of history missing at around that mileage so can’t account as to whether they’re done or not. Anyway coolant is going to be done too as it’s 100K. Been quoted £670 for both all in. Thought a bit steep?

Thoughts?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Assuming your car is over 5 years old, you could opt for Essential Servicing costs for a major service which would be circa £300. Adding coolant change and plugs on top shouldn't cost you more than £450 all in? Worth asking and haggle the cost down. 

Why are the plugs in the CT changed at 60,000 miles when the Prius that uses the same mechanical's does not change them till 120,000 miles. At 60,000 miles according to the service book in the Prius the plugs should be removed, inspected, the threads lubed, and the plugs refitted.
New plugs are fitted at 120,000 miles along with a coolant change. In other words what is the point of fitting expensive long life plugs if you do not use the life capability. To me it's like putting in synthetic oil, and changing it every 3000 miles like we did 50 years ago.

John.

Service all done and MOT (straight pass again [emoji1360]). All the pricing was fine so I didn’t argue it. It was it’s major service which has made a big difference now. I’m just glad to of given the NX loan car back as it’s really not my kind of car.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk