Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake discs

Well known bidding site has a few listings, genuine part and not £1700, but unsure of what you would consider a good price and does £1700 include rear discs, also intrigued on mileage if they need replacing too?! 😄

Euro car parts

Typically have a 50% off offer every few months and they are about half Lexus price anyway. 

I have used Pagid discs and pads on the ISF which are slightly lower price than OEM brembo from them. Much better brake feel but they are noisier and duster. 

Enjoy! 

1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

Euro car parts

Typically have a 50% off offer every few months and they are about half Lexus price anyway. 

I have used Pagid discs and pads on the ISF which are slightly lower price than OEM Brembo from them. Much better brake feel but they are noisier and duster. 

Enjoy! 

Euro Cars don't stock back parts for the RCF. 

@B1RMAOn my last service in March I was told that I'll need new front pads and disk on my next service. My mileage is currently 27K.

So the massive quote you had was for pads and discs including fitting? Its normally labour costs that ramp brake pricing right up as they charge a fixed labour cost to them although it only takes a short amount of time.

What was the actual cost of the parts? Do you not know anyone who could fit them for you?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bluethunder said:

@B1RMAOn my last service in March I was told that I'll need new front pads and disk on my next service. My mileage is currently 27K.

That seems a bit low mileage wise to have worn out the discs, my last car an AMG with 600+ bhp and being a bit of a heavy motor lasted in excess of 50K so maybe they use a very soft metal on the RCF. Considering how big they are too I'm very surprised at them needing replacement at half the mileage of my last car.

Whilst in he local Toyota garage to look at the new Supra, I asked the service guy if they would be able to source and fit OEM RC-F brakes. He said he would get back to me, but I heard nothing. I certainly do not fancy paying Lexus dealer rates when the time comes so am following this thread as it evolves. It will be a while, as I'm currently on 32000 miles and about 50% wear on discs and pads. 

5 hours ago, B1RMA said:

That seems a bit low mileage wise to have worn out the discs, my last car an AMG with 600+ bhp and being a bit of a heavy motor lasted in excess of 50K so maybe they use a very soft metal on the RCF. Considering how big they are too I'm very surprised at them needing replacement at half the mileage of my last car.

I'd agree, I had 30K out of my pads and the MOT/ service I had a few months prior, only mentioned the pads as an advisory and said the discs were still healthy.

12 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I'd agree, I had 30K out of my pads and the MOT/ service I had a few months prior, only mentioned the pads as an advisory and said the discs were still healthy.

The report said the discs thickness was 32.7mm and pads had 5mm remaining. Apparently the minimum for the discs is 31mm so they recommend changing pads and discs next service/10k miles. I've only done 2.5K since so don't think I'll get them replaced at the next service in March.

56 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

The report said the discs thickness was 32.7mm and pads had 5mm remaining. Apparently the minimum for the discs is 31mm so they recommend changing pads and discs next service/10k miles. I've only done 2.5K since so don't think I'll get them replaced at the next service in March.

Pads need changing before 2mm before they hit the sensor. I was unaware of the disc limit but to be honest didn't look it up as mine weren't mentioned. Be interested to know where you source your discs in the end for future reference 😄

9 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

That is extremely odd. They stock ISF and GSF, why not RCF? 

We have just listed genuine Lexus RCF discs on our website. All our parts are heavily discounted below main dealer prices! Both front and rear discs have over £100 off the RRP. All genuine Lexus Parts delivered to your door.

Free shipping to members using discount code lovelexus

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rc-f/lexus-rc-f-2014-onwards/lexus-rc-f-brakes-transmission/lexus-rc-f-front-brake-discs/

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rc-f/lexus-rc-f-2014-onwards/lexus-rc-f-brakes-transmission/lexus-rc-f-rear-brake-discs/

If you want to see anything else listed on the website just let us know!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Also agree..just had mine replaced at 64k miles..front pads and discs although the pads were still good for about half life one of the discs was warped.. Rear discs and pads going strong still ..for now...

• Like 1

I'm having my front pads replaced tomorrow, came up on the MOT as an advisory and was told by the tester the sensor is very close to being triggered.

Gone with EBC redstuff pads after having them on a previous car and looking forward to reduce brake squeal 👍

• Like 2