Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Quarter-Window

When I got my 2019 RC I didn’t immediately notice that the de-frosting/misting function now extends to the passenger-side quarter window.  I have found no reference to it in the User Guide.  Has anybody seen it mentioned in reviews or promotional literature?

I am rather sceptical of its potential value,  especially in the presence of the BSM/RCTA, but will give it the benefit of the doubt pending use this coming winter.

Are you sure it's for demisting? Have you seen it in operation?

I'm assuming yours is a LHD version? The same quarter window on my RC would be behind the driver's seat (RHD) and I must admit to thinking this was some sort of antenna wiring not for demisting. I have used the demist a couple of times now and have not noticed (but then haven't looked, speciically) anything clearing ...

As Nemesis said, it's more likely a radio antenna. 

This is a common confusion with Volvo P3 V70s (2008-2016), where people wonder why their side-window demisters aren't working...

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Are you sure it's for demisting? Have you seen it in operation? .....

57 minutes ago, i-s said:

As Nemesis said, it's more likely a radio antenna. ....

No, I haven’t tried it yet but, on reflection, I agree that it’s probably an antenna.  I’ll try the demister tomorrow morning in the expectation it will have been a dewy night and we’ll see what happens.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rabbers said:

...we’ll see what happens. ...

.... Nothing happened.   No heat emanated from the glass, so the wiring can be presumed to be an antenna.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I wonder why Lexus saw the need to add this? .....

Unless it serves a specific purpose such as improving DAB reception, as Britprius suggests, or some other equally valuable but more mysterious one, it certainly does appear to be a useless and rather confusing addition.  No doubt someone  someday will enlighten us.  Having said this, I must admit that I am finding its appearance to be so impressive in terms of advanced technological aesthetics that I am already growing to like it for its presence alone.  

• 1 month later...