Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After I month and 42 mpg & some extras

I  have put up over 1000 miles and have succeded in getting over 42 mpg ,I have tried driving in all the settings,I have tried drining like a snail and I decided to give up AND BY ACCIDENT I started to drive in sport plus and putting the gear to 6 and driving in this position I have the Rev counter displayed which looks good and it is doing over 42 mpg.I did 100 miles on back roads ,100 on mountain roads around Wicklow and 100 on motorway at 65/75 mph and got 42 average which is good,Has anyone tried this setting?

accessories,I bought a sunglasses holder that fits where the overhead handle is ,a set of mud flaps,a set of chrome (looking) door handles covers,luggage nets (15" long) for the boot) to store small things,a first aid kit,a storage tray to go in the centre storage ,a set of window wind  deflectors,Sound proofing for the boot and spare wheel area, 80 watt Xenon main beam bulbs.

All of which were standard in my 2016 Mercedes,I was a little disappointed with the lack oh simple extras which I didn't notice were not there but only cost about S out 150€.You would a top brand car to have them

i love the car and I like it more now,The soundproofing in the back end made a big big difference to road noise.

i am thinking of fitting of fitting of fitting 225/65/18 tyres to improve the ride comfort and the harsh bumps,as the speedo is reading 6% out this will work without a big speed error and may increase mpg.

The tyres are Bridgestone and are good but I think it would be worth it.

i have done this to a number of cars and has worked well HAS ANYONE DONE IT TO A. NX

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

"i am thinking of fitting of fitting of fitting 225/65/18 tyres to improve the ride comfort and the harsh bumps,as the speedo is reading 6% out this will work without a big speed error and may increase mpg."

I fitted Michelin Cross Climate SUV, these really do make a difference to quietness and bump absorption. I was quite sceptical of the reviews but the ride is certainly much better now. Tyre pressures also play a big part so I run the minimum 32psi all round (2.2Bar) for up to 99mph'ish as stated on the inside door label which seems soft when looking the tyres, but no issues...quite happy.

We are looking at the new NX later this year, I will be straight down to Pro Tyre and have these fitted to replace the standard Yokohama's  if/when we get one.

I'm also interested in rear sound proofing info.