Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport AVS shock absorbers replacements

CBurlie

My 2014 GS 250 F Sport has had an advisory for misting on the NSF shock absorber- 85000 miles eye watering replacement cost from dealer almost £500 per side but they say there’s no need to replace both ? .. I’ve had 4 previous Lexus cars and driven them all past 150k miles and up to 200k with no suspension problems .. is this a common problem on the latest  GS.

This was a common problem on the gen3 GS450h with AVS, and it would seem that the problem has been carried over to the next generation if the trend on yours continues.

The gen3 shocks "KYB" could be bought for around £250 "there is no aftermarket replacement", and take less than 1 hour to fit needing no spring compressor or special tools making the Lexus price look high.

John.

My GS has misting on it OSF shock.  It was there when I bought the car and it appeared again on my MOT as an advisory.  I was told both times that a little bit of oil at the top was normal and happens frequently.  Only if the oil reaches over half way down would the dealer then consider it a failure.  In my case, he said it would then be a warranty claim, but whether they would honour it or not is a whole other conversation.

They also do only replace them individually as the item must have failed for it to be replaced.  Although, with the AVS suspension system, I am not sure how important it is to change them as a pair?

With shock absorbers a lot depends how they are used. If you doing some C class dusty road with heavy load, you will kill them a way quicker than doing 200 miles per day of motorways.

I don't have any issues with mine so far and I'm driving quite a lot. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links