Tchutcha

Should I go for a CT200h?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

So, I’m currently thinking of buying a car for next year (only when I’m 25 since I pay too much of insurance for being under 25). I’m thinking about buying a lexus CT200h, however I use mainly motorways, around 140km’s each day to my commute, 80 motorway, the rest is nationals (in between towns), should I go for an hybrid? I always wanted an hybrid, love the technology and new things, however doing 140km’s each day on my ‘99 VW Jetta 1,9TDI is making me see that I want to be doing my commute in the most comfortable way and with good MPG instead of fast or with some kick to it.

Do you guys advise me to go with the usual diesel, economical but dirty as hell power or should I evolve and go into comfort with a used hybrid lexus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when i had a CT it would return in the region of 63mpg or 100km per gallon (4.55 ltr's / gallon) this would be a mixture of motorways and local roads

have a good test drive of one first then make place your deposit down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a MY17 CT Premium. It is no problem on the motorway. Recently did a non stop drive of 145 miles and the car was a treat to drive. After two and a half years of ownership average MPG is 55 which is mostly local runs with some runs of about 150. Best mpg is 68 on motorway run. It is not a family car as boot space is too small for a decent amount of luggage. As 200h says test drive first as some potential owners and motoring media have found ride hard and CVT nosey at high revs. I have not found these two latter issues a problem and car overall is great to drive. Possibly a little too low for  me now as I approach 70 so may consider a UX in the next few years..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driving a hybrid, with a 'thrashy' ECVT gearbox is quite different to normal/conventional engines plus you don't get the usual oomph that a diesel gives you. However, stick the CT200h in Sport mode and it's nippy and fun, as it is gliding around town in near silent electric mode. It's very effective at motorway cruising and allows for a less stressful drive overall, I feel. A test drive is a must. And, ignore the professional reviews; I was so put off the CT due to such biased negativity and then started listening to the owners who are far more real in their reviews. 

Let us know how you get on. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... Now I know I really want a Lexus, but Yesterday on my way home I saw an IS300h, on my country, the difference between a used CT200h and an IS300h is 5000€ (20.000€ vs 25/26.000€). Is it a big difference between cars, or I wouldn't feel much difference between the two of them, knowing that I want to cruise in them, most of the time between 70/60 mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the Is300h, would better suit your needs. But if money is tight, The Ct200h. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tchutcha said:

So... Now I know I really want a Lexus, but Yesterday on my way home I saw an IS300h, on my country, the difference between a used CT200h and an IS300h is 5000€ (20.000€ vs 25/26.000€). Is it a big difference between cars, or I wouldn't feel much difference between the two of them, knowing that I want to cruise in them, most of the time between 70/60 mph.

One is a Hatchback !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the 300h is a quieter, more comfortable car to drive, i've had a ct in 2013 i'm now on my 2nd IS300h

i am currently getting 44mpg from the IS so mpg isnt too bad for 2.5ltr petrol engine

this is from motorway and round town driving

if in doubt test drive all contenders before you take the plunge and make your purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 200h said:

the 300h is a quieter, more comfortable car to drive, i've had a ct in 2013 i'm now on my 2nd IS300h

i am currently getting 44mpg from the IS so mpg isnt too bad for 2.5ltr petrol engine

this is from motorway and round town driving

if in doubt test drive all contenders before you take the plunge and make your purchase.

You're on your 2nd IS300h? What happened? Did your 1st one break or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no.... nothing happened to the car i like to change my car after about 2 years of owning one.

i bought my CT in october 2013,px ex'd in august 2015 for my 1st IS and in April 2018

i px'ed for my current IS300h F Sport.

to be honest i cant imagine driving any other brand of car as the lexus is so reliable.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mine has been incredibly  reliable and its on 160k miles now.. I use it for my work doing lots of mixed roads and it great on motorways.. so my advice to take a test drive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could ask a hundred questions but you need to test drive both to get your true answer.
Mines on 101K and has been faultless since new(2011).


Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 5:05 PM, Tchutcha said:

Hello everyone,

 

So, I’m currently thinking of buying a car for next year (only when I’m 25 since I pay too much of insurance for being under 25). I’m thinking about buying a lexus CT200h, however I use mainly motorways, around 140km’s each day to my commute, 80 motorway, the rest is nationals (in between towns), should I go for an hybrid? I always wanted an hybrid, love the technology and new things, however doing 140km’s each day on my ‘99 VW Jetta 1,9TDI is making me see that I want to be doing my commute in the most comfortable way and with good MPG instead of fast or with some kick to it.

 

Do you guys advise me to go with the usual diesel, economical but dirty as hell power or should I evolve and go into comfort with a used hybrid lexus?

 

Hi there,

 

I would recommend the CT, my dad picked up a 2019 CT a couple of weeks ago and it is pretty nice, it is already achieving 50+mpg and it only has just over 1,000 miles on the odo.

I also read recently the CT is the most reliable new car in the UK with 100% reliability, so that is something to consider?

The CT is not the most exciting drive, but it won't harm your wallet so I would weigh that up?

 

Ps I made a video of my dad's CT if you want to check it out?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 8:27 AM, Tchutcha said:

So... Now I know I really want a Lexus, but Yesterday on my way home I saw an IS300h, on my country, the difference between a used CT200h and an IS300h is 5000€ (20.000€ vs 25/26.000€). Is it a big difference between cars, or I wouldn't feel much difference between the two of them, knowing that I want to cruise in them, most of the time between 70/60 mph.

I have driven several Lexus CT200h and owned and driven IS300h. Of the 2 the CT200h is better on fuel, but the IS is more comfortable and later ones are  still achieving around 45mpg in mixed driving. I also think the finish is slightly better on the IS 300, but it's horses for courses. The CT200h has quite a firm ride. My advice is to try both for comfort and then make a choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Club Hybrid Poll

  • 196 Hybrid Reliability

    1. 1. If you were to consider buying a Hybrid model over 5 years old, would you be worried about the reliability of the Hybrid system?


      • Not really as Hybrid systems are always reliable
      • Not if it had a Manufacturers Warranty on the Hybrid system
      • I would not buy a Hybrid model over 5 years old