Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I’ve never had an ISF but I had a ‘ 07 IS250 with the DVD based sat nav and a ‘11  IS250 with the HDD based nav. To my knowledge these systems were the same on the IS250 as the ISF.  The HDD system could take full post code input,  but, as you are aware,  the DVD system couldn’t and I wasn’t able to upgrade to this feature  with a later DVD disc. 

I have updated my 2009 ISF with the latest disk but it only updates the maps and not the postcode search / operating functionality. Its the only thing that annoys me about all Lexus of a certain. Its the same in my IS300. Love both cars but just hate both crappy sat navs. I use google on the phone instead.

If u open my glove box there will be a sat nav within it!......absolutely awful units and phone transfers don’t work either!.....did on my IS250 but that had an after market (Lexus) Bluetooth unit! The one serious flaw that I think the ISF has 😔

Wouldn't bother tbh. I use Google maps on my phone and I have the HDD version. 

If you do have to use it, it'll get you there...eventually. But Google maps/waze is always receiving live data, and will reroute if needed. 

Far superior. 

There are also options to swap the head unit out for an Android unit, which again would be far superior. Someone on here has done it to their isf, and it looks great. 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:48 PM, d3ron said:

Wouldn't bother tbh. I use Google maps on my phone and I have the HDD version. 

If you do have to use it, it'll get you there...eventually. But Google maps/waze is always receiving live data, and will reroute if needed. 

Far superior. 

There are also options to swap the head unit out for an Android unit, which again would be far superior. Someone on here has done it to their isf, and it looks great. 

the fit on the Androids is questionable and from what I understand they are far from plug and play