Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

a bit pricey but seems in good condition low mileage and big jobs has already been done. i will be happy to pay £4.5K for it.. considering you can have MK3's GS300'450h's for around the same price unless you really want a MK2

£4000

Anything above that would be pushing.. the car is low spec early model.. Has the gearbox coolant mod been done? Has the radiator been replaced at all? 48 000 miles is indeed low, but bear in mind, the car is almost 20 years old. Personally i am a big fan of Mk2 GS430 but for this money, you will get a very nice 2005- 2006 facelift LS430.  

Maybe it's just me (my only Lexuses or is that Lexi?) have been RXs not saloon cars but to me, these are two completely different cars so it depends what you want.

The LS430 exudes timeless class, sophistication, luxury, whereas that GS (to me) just looks dated and drab. I've never liked the rear ends of the GS and I really do not like the rear lights.

Just my tuppenceworth :thumbsup:

It's failed 5 MOTs - having covered a relatively short distance for lifespan; seems at odds with it being one owner and 'stunning'. Will also have the earlier brake booster that's more susceptible to expensive failure - but does indeed look rather clean.

I'd want a good poke around underneath to look for corrosion; even if it's clean I still think it's well overpriced.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

It's failed 5 MOTs - having covered a relatively short distance for lifespan; seems at odds with it being one owner and 'stunning'. Will also have the earlier brake booster that's more susceptible to expensive failure - but does indeed look rather clean.

I'd want a good poke around underneath to look for corrosion; even if it's clean I still think it's well overpriced.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The brake booster had already been resolved by the time the GS430’s came out, so you won’t get that issue.

Does seem a tad pricey to me though as mentioned by others. I guess the fact I bought my old 2001 GS430 for £2,200 8 years ago, and chopped it in 2 years ago for £1500, that kind of money seems way high.

All that said, it was a terrific car.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed on the price,especially when you put it in we buy any car and a trade price is 1400 Although not entirely relevant to vehicles like these it does seem like a fair old mark up. Saw a nice looking GS but always a bit wary of people who have had a car only 6 months gs430