Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF Car (only 2 were built from Japan) with 19 plate...

Dear Gents,

I tough this post would be of interest to all F sports fans:

Yesterday, I visited Lexus Edgware Road to have my GS450H inspected with Hybrid due to a minor collision (my posting is in the GS 450 forum) and I met one of the sales Executives (whom I bought my car from) who said that they have a GSF car year 2019 that was built in Japan (only 2 of them were built as GSF) on special request from the General Manager at Lexus Edgware Road with high specifications (exterior and interior is absolutely stunning).

Lexus in Japan said yes to build 2 x uniques cars (despite its production ended in 2016 I think) - carbon fibre inside. The General Manager had it for a few months and drove 6k miles and it is now on for sales for £62.5k - very tempting but out of my budget... I thought you might be interested in knowing this. Feel free to view the pics (and I am not working for Lexus nor trying to push a sale here). 

https://edgwareroad.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Gs-F-Saloon/50-4dr-Auto-Mark-Levinson-jjb5zgp

GSF.png

• Like 2

Interesting story, but intrigued by the label ‘high specification’, the car looks standard for me and the autotrader description is basic. Sounds like the salesman was over-egging that one 😂 (such a pessimist I know). GSF’s came fairly well kitted from factory, unless I’ve missed something glaringly obvious (happy to be corrected).

Black does look nice with the lighter interior though. Just wait for that depreciation to kick in and that’ll be a nice car for someone 😍

• Like 1

Built on special request would have to mean it's been assembled from spares and that would be hugely expensive (never mind the labour costs)!!

My guess is they were unsold 2016 models that have been doing the rounds in Japan dealerships and finally shipped over here, quite possibly "on special request".

Looking at the spec, did the GSF have 12.3" touch audio/nav display back in 2016? Maybe some (expensive) retro-fits?

4 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Looking at the spec, did the GSF have 12.3" touch audio/nav display back in 2016? Maybe some (expensive) retro-fits?

my 2012 450h f sport had this, it came with the upgraded ML system, so i would think its the same for the GS-F.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wendle said:

it says model year 2016, so does that mean its just been sitting around for 3 years before it has been registered?.

No, actually I have been informed by Lexus staff that this car was specifically made in 2019 (Lexus in Japan built only 2 on demand) for a 2016 model... That is why I felt posting this as it is so unique and I think this car will keep a higher value than the rest of them...

I have a feeling that this car was the GSF that Lexus Bristol had in their showroom this time last year.  Black with the light interior. They knew I was keen on a GSF so I had a look at it when my car was in for an MOT, but I was never going to take the hit on a brand new one.  They never sold it and it was moved on but the sales manager wasn’t sure where it had gone when I last spoke to him. I don’t think it’s a 19 build, just that it was finally registered in 2019.

So as above really, sounds like salesman BS. Nothing special / extra about the equipment that wasn’t available on the other GSFs. I would be surprised if it sold for that price, unless somewhere falls for their story. 

If this is a 2016 car the i guess it would be missing AVS? 

20DBDCB5-5CAF-47A7-8095-3FCB8E550161.jpeg

91C0F1DE-B06A-4072-BD4F-2D680DB811D7.jpeg

8740AF76-81C3-4BE0-99DE-5A82918489B9.jpeg

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

I have a feeling that this car was the GSF that Lexus Bristol had in their showroom this time last year.  Black with the light interior. They knew I was keen on a GSF so I had a look at it when my car was in for an MOT, but I was never going to take the hit on a brand new one.  They never sold it and it was moved on but the sales manager wasn’t sure where it had gone when I last spoke to him. I don’t think it’s a 19 build, just that it was finally registered in 2019.

So as above really, sounds like salesman BS. Nothing special / extra about the equipment that wasn’t available on the other GSFs. I would be surprised if it sold for that price, unless somewhere falls for their story. 

If this is a 2016 car the i guess it would be missing AVS? 

20DBDCB5-5CAF-47A7-8095-3FCB8E550161.jpeg

91C0F1DE-B06A-4072-BD4F-2D680DB811D7.jpeg

8740AF76-81C3-4BE0-99DE-5A82918489B9.jpeg

This is very interesting... It looks very similar. How could they get a plate for 2019?

Easy. No one registered it until after 01/03/2019.

It happens all the time. A classic example is where a few ISFs were 2010 models but not registered until 2011 but some MY11 cars were registered at the end of 2010. So there are some pre face lifted cars going around with newer plates than the face lifted models. 

27 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Easy. No one registered it until after 01/03/2019.

It happens all the time. A classic example is where a few ISFs were 2010 models but not registered until 2011 but some MY11 cars were registered at the end of 2010. So there are some pre face lifted cars going around with newer plates than the face lifted models. 

I see, thanks F.A.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, C.B said:

Gotta love a car salesman 🤣 although I kind of hoped a lexus salesmen would be above blatant lies!

You would really but I guess we all have to earn a buck. Trouble is these days with the internet we can with a little effort become an anorak on most subjects.

My IS-F was a MY 2009, but on a 10 plate. When I traded it against the RC-F I suspect the (very young) Lexus dealer valued it as a MY 2010 car as he gave me far more than I expected. I didn't specifically bring up the subject for obvious reasons. You have to really know the cars, or put a bit of effort in. 

Various VIN decoder sites are giving the build date as 01-08-2017

So, this car has been doing the rounds for a couple of years, or stored somewhere

Lexus-Tech eu. biuld sheets shows the car has AVS 

On 10/12/2019 at 5:24 PM, Nico72 said:

No, actually I have been informed by Lexus staff that this car was specifically made in 2019

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

So, this car has been doing the rounds for a couple of years, or stored somewhere

Another decent reminder not to be taken in by the acres of glass, marble, lashings of coffee and the smooth patter of a car salesman. I wonder where it had been for those missing 18 months.

12 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Another decent reminder not to be taken in by the acres of glass, marble, lashings of coffee and the smooth patter of a car salesman. I wonder where it had been for those missing 18 months.

Bristol for 6 of those months. 

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Indeed it must have been, according to my research a UK press release from Lexus in December 2016 stated that all cars will be equipped with AVS.

It would be so embarrassing for the chap if it was older and didn't have AXS.

Lets not be too harsh on the dealers here. Lexus UK sold six (6) GS non hybrid cars this year.... The model is dead and there is no demand at all.  Try to shift a brandnew example for 62k whilst excellent preowned ones are sinking to 30K with warranty. Thats like selling airconditioning on the northpole ( or heating in the desert). I guess the car has been on a UK tour to various dealers to see if someone would snap it up?

18 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Lets not be too harsh on the dealers here. Lexus UK sold six (6) GS non hybrid cars this year.... The model is dead and there is no demand at all.  Try to shift a brandnew example for 62k whilst excellent preowned ones are sinking to 30K with warranty. Thats like selling airconditioning on the northpole ( or heating in the desert). I guess the car has been on a UK tour to various dealers to see if someone would snap it up?

Yes it’s a hard sell but I haven’t seen a GSF at £30k yet