Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF Car (only 2 were built from Japan) with 19 plate...

Oh yes! Don't be fooled, business is business, regardless of brand!

Two months ago I purchased a lovely GSF, deposit was down within hours of the advert going live on the Lexus website (dealer didn't budge on price) they claimed to have had 4 people interested in the car. Four days later I then went to view the car and suddenly the numbers changed to 5 interested people. The day I collected the vehicle (a couple of weeks on) me and my friend played a little game of, 'ask the salesman how many people had an interest in the car', it then went to, "I am unsure as there were a few of us in the dealership who had to deal with inquiries on this model".

Wow, a real hot car some would be LED to believed?

Until 6 weeks later, a change in my circumstances and I am in contact with the same dealer to see if they will take the vehicle back/clear the finance. The best that they can do is offer a Sale Or Return! Oh dear, whatever happened to the 5 interested people on the day where the car was live for not even 8 hours? Yes, that old chestnut!

I now may do the honorable thing, pay the finance off and hand to my cherished god son and venture into my new re-location.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

So this bad boy has now come down to £45k and is simulatenously on sale at 2 dealers, for different prices.... witchcraft I tell ya! 🤣

Good price for one so special

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 7:16 PM, F.A. said:

Yes it’s a hard sell but I haven’t seen a GSF at £30k yet

A £30K private sale popped last week on a low mileage 16 plate. Gone now so perhaps sold. 

Just now, doog442 said:

A £30K private sale popped last week on a low mileage 16 plate. Gone now so perhaps sold. 

Was this on Auto Trader?  I still look every day for some reason, so must have missed it. 

7 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Was this on Auto Trader?  I still look every day for some reason, so must have missed it. 

Yes, it was only on a for a few days. I was aware of the other private sale at £35K  ? that appears to have gone as well. 

26 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Yes, it was only on a for a few days. I was aware of the other private sale at £35K  ? that appears to have gone as well. 

A lot of car for the money! 

Yes I think the one for £35k sold a couple of weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

You can set up notifications for when new ads get put up, I still got one for an IS250 for some reason! ( when I actually own a peachy one already!) guess still like to keep an eye on things🙄

7 hours ago, Texas said:

You can set up notifications for when new ads get put up, I still got one for an IS250 for some reason! ( when I actually own a peachy one already!) guess still like to keep an eye on things🙄

I still have one for a GSF also, which is why I’m surprised I missed it. Clearly it’s not that reliable 🙄

3 hours ago, F.A. said:

I still have one for a GSF also, which is why I’m surprised I missed it. Clearly it’s not that reliable 🙄

Now you have me worried. Last week I put an offer in on an RCF. You know when you get in that car buying 'zone' or perusing every ad on every website out there. I've been doing it for about 6 months :sad:, likewise was also going through it with the GSF as a viable contender although to be fair I'd much rather the RCF. Well the ad threw me somewhat as it was in my price bracket, private sale so suddenly I was weighing it up. Private sale V dealer, the option to finance etc all the usual. 

Now I'm 95% certain it was AT but I've also been looking at Pistonheads, Gumtree as well as Lexus approved etc and everything else out there. Frustratingly it has gone as quick as it appeared so now I'm doubting myself as to exactly where it was. 

11 hours ago, doog442 said:

Now you have me worried. Last week I put an offer in on an RCF. You know when you get in that car buying 'zone' or perusing every ad on every website out there. I've been doing it for about 6 months :sad:, likewise was also going through it with the GSF as a viable contender although to be fair I'd much rather the RCF. Well the ad threw me somewhat as it was in my price bracket, private sale so suddenly I was weighing it up. Private sale V dealer, the option to finance etc all the usual. 

Now I'm 95% certain it was AT but I've also been looking at Pistonheads, Gumtree as well as Lexus approved etc and everything else out there. Frustratingly it has gone as quick as it appeared so now I'm doubting myself as to exactly where it was. 

I spent two years looking for and dreaming of a GSF before we were finally in the position to purchase one, so I know the feeling all too well. When the time came, it was a mad rush to make the purchase and the dealer knew it! 

The perfect car will come around soon.

Hi my names Craig and I am a Autotrader Addict.

I have around 25 searches active currently, many for cars I dont even really have any intention of buying unless my life takes an unexpected turn! Just keeping an eye on the market just in case 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...