Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

seat change

I would very much doubt it - I doubt if they would put air ducting in for the ventilation if the model variant didn't have it specified at the factory, but someone more knowledgeable than I may come along to put me right.

I'm just thinking that heated and vented may be for top of the range, so they wouldn't waste money on installing ducting on a lesser model.

I don't see why not as the ventilation is just a fan in the seat itself. So other than seats i suspect you'd need wiring to the center console switches - which would also need to be changed.

Do you have cooled seats available somewhere?

8 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I don't see why not as the ventilation is just a fan in the seat itself

Ah, right, I didn't realise that - I thought it was ducted to receive air from the aircon.

Ah, right, I didn't realise that - I thought it was ducted to receive air from the aircon.
Not that I've seen, there are vents under the seat that pickup the cabin air and duct that through your seat. If the cabin air is chilled or on recirc then you'll feel more benefit thru the seat.
  • Like 1

Doesn't the a/c direct more cooled air to the floor when the ventilated seat function is selected? In the RC there is a synergy between the two functions, with the a/c controlling the seat fan speed under certain conditions.

The swap may well be physically possible but there may be numerous control factors and coding required. Without 'official' Lexus retro-fit support I doubt it would be fully functioning..

• Like 1

many thanks for your replies, I only asked as I have noticed that there is a loom with multi plug hanging loose under both front seats and leads inside centre console just below seat heating controls.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links