Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I am new to this club and hopefully I will become the owner of the GS300h in the near future. 

I am currently doing the research and I read a lot of forums buy I am still not really convinced to buy high mileage car therefore I am looking for help and opinion in this forum.

I am looking to buy Lexus GS300h 2014-2015 F-sport. I keep an eye on one model online but it has 105,000 miles and it is 2015 year. As I don't want to make a trip from Dublin to UK and come back disappointed, so would you be able to shade some light for me if its safe to buy car with such a high mileage? What could be the issues and how would be the Battery? What costs should I expect buying a car with such a mileage and finally is it worth to buy or wait for the car with lower mileage?

Thank you in advance for your help

• Like 1

with that sort of mileage in 4 years i would think its a company / reps car, with a lot of motorway driving.

i wouldn't worry about the Battery, its not used much at motorway cruising speed.

as long as it has been well maintained / serviced, preferably by a main dealership and the price reflects the high millage it may be wort a look.

Depending on were the car is you may find a member on hear who can go and have a look for you, and report back saving you a trip.

Thank you for your response, I believe that the price is very good for this mileage, but this is giving me a lot of thoughts as car is few weeks advertised so should be sold quickly.

I am not sure if I can post link to this car here but it would be easier to get proper opinion of experienced members going by the link and if someone here is leaving close to it that would be ideal situation to have a look and check before I make any movements.

What would be worth to check at this mileage?

Welcome Szymon,

I can't imagine the mileage in itself would be a problem with the proviso, like Chris mentions, that it has been well maintained.

By all means, post the link to the car.

With the F-Sport, I would say the 2 main things to check would be brakes and suspension.  The front discs and pads are surprisingly expensive, so make sure they are in good condition.  Similarly, the AVS suspension shocks aren't cheap and there may be a problem coming up with them leaking oil so get under the arch and have a good look around.  Other than that, standard car stuff really I would say.

Hi Shahpor,

Thanks, this is the link:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905278376000?atmobcid=soc3

I am planning to contact seller tomorrow, is there anything else I can ask by email before I decide to go over? Is the price ok for this car? Is it not suspiciously low?

Car was registered on 30.06.2015, but first MOT was done 31.05.2019. It passed with flying colours but why such a delay? Strange considering last service was in February 2019?

I would call it high millage maybe at 205k miles 🙂 It quite a lot for 4 years but looking for a car lifespan it is average for me.

Check the brakes as disc are like to be changed every 100k or so. Cooling liquids should also go at 100k interval.

If gearbox oil wasn't changed so far (probably wasn't) that would be good to change it now.

3 hours ago, Pidu said:

Car was registered on 30.06.2015, but first MOT was done 31.05.2019. It passed with flying colours but why such a delay? Strange considering last service was in February 2019?

Hi thanks for that. I am actually checking MOT website and car was registered 30 Jul 2015. First MOT 27 Jul 2018 and next 31 May 2019. Can you please let me know where did you get your information from?

Hi thanks for that. I am actually checking MOT website and car was registered 30 Jul 2015. First MOT 27 Jul 2018 and next 31 May 2019. Can you please let me know where did you get your information from?
No, you are right. It was early when I had a look at MOT history. Sorry for confusion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links