Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wrapping my RX450h roof

JTB

Hi

i have had my white RX for 6 months or so. I am thinking wrapping my roof black. Has anyone done this? Any thoughts on wrapping the roof bars too? I have the sport with the gloss black wheels. 

EF4B95FF-F2C9-433F-B6A8-7D84015C4C95.jpeg

Black would be complementary to other features of your car.  Have you photoshopped it to get more of an idea?  Is it easy to remove wrap in due course before selling as may put off potential new owners? If wrap was removed in due course, would ageing of unwrapped areas result in a mismatch with the covered area?  These are some of the questions I would want to satisfy myself on.  Another thing is that a light colour reflects the sun more than dark which to maintain the same level of comfort in hot weather might make bigger demands on the air con system.  But your car, your decision  

Takes away the 'floating roof ' effect which not every body likes but only you can decide if you like this better.  Why not do a poll on it if you want the views of others to help you come to a decision. My opinion for the little that it is worth, is that the car as shown in the pictures looks rather 'funerial' at the rear end, and is not to my taste but undeniably it does stand out! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Looks good - I would of preferred to have the roof bars and above the windows black also

Have you seen my previous pics?

I think that looks really good, and well worth the £220.00. How do they trim the edges when fitting? It would concern me if they used a blade that cut through to the original paint. Future removal may then leave cut mark lines with the potential for rust?

1 hour ago, PRT68 said:

I think that looks really good, and well worth the £220.00. How do they trim the edges when fitting? It would concern me if they used a blade that cut through to the original paint. Future removal may then leave cut mark lines with the potential for rust?

No knife!! They used what they called “knifeless Tape”. Basically it’s a very thin thread that they lay on before they wrap. Then they simply pull the thread of knifeless tape through the wrap. Best example would be like a wire cheese cutter. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/132719153274?chn=ps&var=432033255266&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=432033255266_132719153274&targetid=520699180962&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9046945&campaignid=6744139860&mkgroupid=78343141166&rlsatarget=pla-520699180962&abcId=1139126&merchantid=110659509&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI25WckrW05QIVSEHTCh2xygeZEAQYASABEgJbT_D_BwE

35 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks.The cost seems reasonable.Where did you have the wrapping done?

I live in glasgow. It was Shore Wraps. They have a great website. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

JTB, thanks for that, ref the tape. Didn't know that was available. Given me some ideas now...

First I’d heard of it too. 👍