Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 430 or 460 or 600 next ?

On 10/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, Tulpen said:

I'll be down there on Wednesday, I'll get as much info as I can.

Brian hi, did your guys give you any further info on this ?

Thanks

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Thanks

Malc

I didn't manage to get there on Wednesday , Malc, but I will be there on Monday. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 5:51 PM, Malc said:

Thanks

Malc

Malc, I've just got back from the dealership...…………..

The LS600s in the Netherlands are used, mainly, as private-hire limousines. Quite a few of them have mileages in the 300,000 - 400,000 mile range (500,000 - 650,000km). As far as the hybrid Battery is concerned, in theory it is possible to change one cell at a time - but they've never had to do it because they've had no problems. They have changed the odd suspension bush and two air suspension struts. But that's it.

Admittedly, this is on a small number of cars (about 30). You, also, have to remember that the roads here are in good condition.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Malc for opening this thread. What an eye opener. Looks like the prevailing opinion is to just stay away from both the ls600Has well as the LS460 and 430!!! Looks like I'll stick with my Subaru Legacy SpecB for a little longer (hopefully exhaust will get sorted tomorrow and it'll bring me many a happy year of motoring for the foreseeable future... whatever that statement means [sorry])...

Hope you will share what's you're final answer of what you'll stay with (the LS400 I assume)...

Looks like Lexus (and by default Toyota: of which I owned the super-smooth CarinaE as my luxury limo as my 2nd or 3rd car after a couple of citroens many many years ago) just maybe isn't what it used to be. Shame on you (Lexus)...

NB. Sorry for causing any offence

5 hours ago, Redefined said:

Hope you will share what's you're final answer of what you'll stay with (the LS400 I assume).

I too wonder if there will ever be a simple answer ......  the costs of running the superb Ls400 are absolutely tiny compared to most other cars on this planet

I very nearly the other day bought another one exactly the same as mine from Bolton  for £950 but with only 124k miles and 3 months younger BUT a garage sale for a client BUT he's had it for 16 years and it looks as if the cambelt's never been changed and servicing was probably suspect too AND the owner wouldn't let me phone / talk with him to chat about it

NOT the garage I would add, they sell ( expensive )  Lexus too from Main Dealers and were doing this owner a favour maybe having just sold him a replacement car, probably never to get serviced etc either

So for now, my simple old slightly worn 235k mile Mk3 will suffice :whistling:

Malc

Is that a LS600h or a LS460 that Doc Martin drives in that final episode? 

Wouldn't want to try driving in those streets with such a Car. Probably traffic not allowed anyway, and all or any allowed vehicles stopped for filming.

Long time since I've been to Cornwall.

Last time was in a Riley Lynx Tourer 1934 (not the year of visit you understand)

with a mini clubman estate being a darned sight larger ( it seems to me when next to one at the lights etc  ) than my Ls400 I might just try a trip around Cornwall next spring, tucking my car around and along those country lanes built for 1930's motoring

Malc

2 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Is that a LS600h or a LS460 that Doc Martin drives in that final episode? 

It is  600, I was down in Port Isaac back in June to visit friends (on the one day the film crew were not around) and running a 400 along the lanes in no problem, just need to not drive as fast as the Doc does.

The one thing I really love is the swooping down hill dual carriage way sections across Bodmin Moor

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2019 at 2:23 AM, Redefined said:

Thanks Malc for opening this thread. What an eye opener. Looks like the prevailing opinion is to just stay away from both the ls600Has well as the LS460 and 430!!! 

I must have read a different thread to you. There are many 600/460/430/Celsior owners on this forum and, apart from one 460 owner, I haven't read anywhere that it is not a good idea to buy one of these models. Malc opened the thread to get some opinions on moving to a newer LS. He was given honest answers from those of us with experience of those models.

None of us said 'Don't buy one'.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, Tulpen said:

I must have read a different thread to you. There are many 600/460/430/Celsior owners on this forum and, apart from one 460 owner, I haven't read anywhere that it is not a good idea to buy one of these models. Malc opened the thread to get some opinions on moving to a newer LS. He was given honest answers from those of us with experience of those models.

None of us said 'Don't buy one'.

Yes... Sorry sir. You indeed are right. I've always been a bit impulsive and sometimes get carried away with my thoughts and what I've read...

I'm glad you posted that though as I purchased a new (to me) Subaru 4wd wagon just this week after my old Legacy developed a misfire at only 190000 miles. Planning to spend as little on it (the new to me 3.0 Outback) as possible and was just discussing with my mechanic mate earlier today that I 'need' a Lexus V8... It can be a 600 or a 460 but 600 with the AWD makes more sense to how far I commute and times of year.

Best get myself saving (to get the most economical* Lexus limo I can find).

*Yes I did mean cheapest 😊

Shafiq

9 hours ago, Redefined said:

It can be a 600 or a 460 but 600 with the AWD makes more sense to how far I commute and times of year.

they are few and far between BUT there is a Ls460 AWD

Malc

11 minutes ago, Malc said:

they are few and far between BUT there is a Ls460 AWD

Malc

Thanks Malc... I'd just assumed they didn't enter the UK market as I only ever hear of them in the american reviews (IIRC)...

On 10/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, royoftherovers said:

And remember that Lexus now warrants its Hybrid Batteries for 15 years from date of manufacture and still offers Annual Hybrid Battery checks.

Did not notice any of that in U.S. Forum.

Roy, Where can i find info of the 15 year warranty? I can only see reference to 8 and 10 years on their site... thanks 😊

1 hour ago, Redefined said:

Roy, Where can i find info of the 15 year warranty? I can only see reference to 8 and 10 years on their site... thanks 😊

Toyota is here......https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty

I`m still looking for the Lexus statement.

23 hours ago, Redefined said:

And Lexus is here https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malc said:

and after 15 years pray it doesn't go " bang "  :whistling:

Malc

Well there is an excellent track record to date, across the Toyota /Lexus range, where they are properly maintained. Don’t know what you should do if you are not religious . However this is all a precursor to electric cars, which is all we shall be able to purchase at some time in the near future, and Toyota have just announced electric car development.

1 hour ago, RgrWynne said:

Well there is an excellent track record to date, across the Toyota /Lexus range, where they are properly maintained. Don’t know what you should do if you are not religious . However this is all a precursor to electric cars, which is all we shall be able to purchase at some time in the near future, and Toyota have just announced electric car development.

And don`t overlook St Richard of the Hybrid Battery Solution who walks along the Road to Damascus, so to speak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

And don`t overlook St Richard of the Hybrid Battery Solution who walks along the Road to Damascus, so to speak.

Also... don't forget where the actual lithium or whatever comes from. I believe its being mined away from a people not totally honestly as well as them not totally wanting to give it up ! Bloody developed world... screw everyone over just so they (the powers that be) can make us think we're being kinder to the environment.

Don't ask me where i got my info from, twas a radio report of what the Battery firms are doing in lithium-rich lands. Similar to how the Aborigines were done over as well as the Red Indians 😐

Just saying...

4 minutes ago, Redefined said:

Also... don't forget where the actual lithium or whatever comes from. I believe its being mined away from a people not totally honestly as well as them not totally wanting to give it up ! Bloody developed world... screw everyone over just so they (the powers that be) can make us think we're being kinder to the environment.

Don't ask me where i got my info from, twas a radio report of what the battery firms are doing in lithium-rich lands. Similar to how the Aborigines were done over as well as the Red Indians 😐

Just saying...

Blimey, can’t disagree, and all because Malc said we should pray 😜

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redefined said:

Don't ask me where i got my info from, twas a radio report of what the battery firms are doing in lithium-rich lands. Similar to how the Aborigines were done over as well as the Red Indians 😐

Just saying...

Are you getting confused with jack Ryan Season 2 ?