Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 430 or 460 or 600 next ?

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Shafiq, I would be pleased to receive your thanks for the information I provided to you re the availability of the information about Lexus 15 year warranty.

Roy... sorry sir. Yes, its indeed really appreciated and after looking at it (and kicking myself as my warranty would still be voided cos of my annual mileage more than 20,000) I was left in awe of how you'd found it. I looked everywhere and was convinced you'd dreamt it up 😊.. obviously not.

Still on the subject of why my manners forgot me for a second: I was in the middle of trying to screw these 2 parking ticket companies over who've tried to do me over but I'm fighting back... lol... all the while trying to send my info for a new job to occ health dept at York hospital and having only slept 4 hours afyer a night shift 🙂

Anyway, sorry Roy (seriously) for the manners issue... regards the praying (another thing that got me caught up and missing my manners). I managed to pick up a £1600 2005 plate Subaru Outback 3.0 H6 and did a bit of praying (do so regularly) before it as well as giving about £10 in sadaqa (to the poor/needy/orphans) and am convinced thats the car thats gonna help me save up for that all elusive super-cheap LS600H or 460.. probably a £3k 460 😉

Anyway... Lexus.. what a car ...

Shafiq, good luck with your Subaru, they are excellent cars, but if you ever think Lexus parts are expensive , wait till you pay for Subaru parts. Am told it is a volume issue, so they make up for it in the price. Good luck and hope you eventually find your Lexus dream.

1 hour ago, Redefined said:

Roy... sorry sir. Yes, its indeed really appreciated and after looking at it (and kicking myself as my warranty would still be voided cos of my annual mileage more than 20,000) I was left in awe of how you'd found it. I looked everywhere and was convinced you'd dreamt it up 😊.. obviously not.

Still on the subject of why my manners forgot me for a second: I was in the middle of trying to screw these 2 parking ticket companies over who've tried to do me over but I'm fighting back... lol... all the while trying to send my info for a new job to occ health dept at York hospital and having only slept 4 hours afyer a night shift 🙂

Anyway, sorry Roy (seriously) for the manners issue... regards the praying (another thing that got me caught up and missing my manners). I managed to pick up a £1600 2005 plate Subaru Outback 3.0 H6 and did a bit of praying (do so regularly) before it as well as giving about £10 in sadaqa (to the poor/needy/orphans) and am convinced thats the car thats gonna help me save up for that all elusive super-cheap LS600H or 460.. probably a £3k 460 😉

Anyway... Lexus.. what a car ...

Many thanks and welcome to the world of Lexus motoring, my friend.

1 hour ago, RgrWynne said:

Shafiq, good luck with your Subaru, they are excellent cars, but if you ever think Lexus parts are expensive , wait till you pay for Subaru parts. Am told it is a volume issue, so they make up for it in the price. Good luck and hope you eventually find your Lexus dream.

Both Lexus and Subaru are part of the Lexus family I understand.

@RgrWynne been with my Legacy SpecB tourer for past 3 years and clocked up 60000 miles (slight misfire meant its being replaced early with just short or 10500 miles before its 200k birthday/mileage anniversary)...

@royoftherovers Subaru... really part of the Lexus group. Wow. That might explain why my outback feels silky smooth at 109000 miles just like its H6 engineded predecessor at 189200 miles (thanks again)

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Both Lexus and Subaru are part of the Lexus family I understand.

According to this site:  https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-who-owns-which-car-brands/   Toyota Motor Corp 'has a stake' in both Subaru and Suzuki - whatever that means in detail.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

thinking I'm having to resurrect this post a little .................... just a thought here

clearly there is further info on other posts with regard to the non-longevity of the Lexus Inverters  ........  but not for the Ls600 though

I think it's the 450h variety and evidence that for this model a new Inverter is @£13k  .....  with a private 2nd hand one being available at £400 or so and with no knowledge of durability for that, nor a guarantee I guess .........  and no known availability of the normal  " exchange " either it seems that one would expect with say an alternator whatever

so just thinking to put this into the mix when considering an aged Ls600 as a next car to move in to from your Ls400 430 or 460

whatever the now standard Lexus 15 year gtee with the hybrid batteries

Malc

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Shafiq, you've resurrected this thread for me .................    did you ever buy a Ls  ?

Having a rear slow puncture I thought, wheel/tyre re-sealed the other day £20 ..... the operator was exceedingly vocal about my V8 4ltr Ls400 at such an age and mileage ....... telling me that a buddy ? of his, local, has an awesome Ls600 but just cost him £700 for one suspension corner whatever .........  never get that on my old and ancient but still brilliantly serviceable comfy powerful and quick Ls400 eh !

Malc

• Like 2

Thanks Malc and Roy. Basically I think when I first asked about Lexus and joined the forum I needed something nice, reliable and cheap. Ended up going for another Subaru Outback (6 cylinder normally aspirated) in estate version for only 1500£. It was a neglected farmers car (though I'm not sure if the farmer was neglected, just the car) on an indy forecourt in Stoke. Must have been having trouble selling it so I managed to strike a deal.

Though I've been enjoying it and it's beautiful handling and the fact that my bikes just slide straight into the boot with the seats down. I'm constantly looking at the LS600H in the Autotrader 😄. Only thing that stops me is the prices and the fact that I wouldn't be able to leave the bike in there whilst I did a shift (travelling agency nurse) and then come back for a ride post-work. Lovely things are these LS600h aren't they and the fact that it's AWD ticks the 'winter shift away from home in a sudden snowfall' for me.

Currently told the missus that I'm gonna start saving up for one again and the budget has gone a little higher than my usual £2000 (+/- £500) target. Anyway, watch this space and I do hope Lexus have a diehard Youtube mechanic like MrSubaru. I imagine they won't be too hard to work on (don't trust mechanics too much but use em when I find a decent priced one that doesn't do stupid things with my cars!) but am not looking forward to figuring out the braking system and how it charges upon braking etc...

The trusty Outback is on 162000 now of which 55000 have been with me. So hopefully once I get past the 200k marker I can seriously start hoping that the 2012 and 2013 models are a little cheaper to bring into my budget (and I might just have saved enough). Sorry for sounding like a bit of a low-spender... I'm not and alot goes on the bikes with the rest in enjoying life and helping others do the same 🙂

Thanks again folks and it's always a pleasure popping by. I really just check the 'how to' section and get myself a paid account (for the Halfords car parts discount 🤗

Oh... and interesting seeing the ls460 comments and good reminder to myself of why to definitely try and avoid (aside from the high fuel costs as I drive on average 500 miles per week minimal). GS450H just seems like too much of a liability and the reports of handling seem a bit poor with some of the pistonhead type folks. Fuel economy seems amazing though.

Another thing I hope for on an LS600H is one that's already had much of the suspension issues having been and repaired. Good reason to go for one of the 200k milers but could become a little bit of a gamble if not careful. Especially since prices have suddenly shot up from average £8k straight up to 12k for the 2010/2008 models... 🤪

• Like 1

Interesting thread, I haven't read it all but I have an LS460. It's had a few minor issues but absolutely nothing remotely expensive. Only had it since November 2019 and it hasn't let me down (yet!). I read about the gearbox/radiator problem and had a new OEM radiator fitted out of precaution. Other than that, and general servicing I have had to replace 1 wheel bearing and I had to get the ride height sensors removed and thoroughly cleaned because at times the car was a bit "wonky" with its ride height, but that is now resolved and didn't require new parts.

Overall it has been a very good car. There is always a risk of bigger bills with more complex cars, but the additional performance over an LS400 is very significant, coupled with (slightly) better economy and more creature comforts available (especially now I have a GROM unit fitted - I have full Android integration) means that, for me, those risks are worth it. The way I see it, I bought the car outright, it isn't really depreciating, and the monthly payments on a new car lease deal would easily pay for any unexpected servicing costs on the LS460, and I am driving an LS460 instead of some dreary 1.4L diesel hatchback or whatever.

• Like 4

Just sold my 2010 LS600h L. 

Can't praise it enough. One of the best cars out there for long journeys. Few little niggles i encountered during ownership: 

PCS warning light. I replaced the brake switch still the same.. Next i was going to replace headlight bulbs but never got round to try this. The PCS light only came on once in a blue moon and only when it was dark outside. Hence why i suspected the bulbs light output. 

Noisy heater fan. Easy DIY took 15 minutes to replace. Second hand motor off eBay £40. 

Apart from that it was tyres and servicing. 

Screenshot_2022-03-15-16-47-33-37.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, Redefined said:

Thanks for that. May we ask (cos I know most people are interested) how long was the ownership and what did you swap it for. Thanks.

1.5 years. 

Swapped for Volvo V90 T5. 

Missing the LS badly.. 

• Sad 2

So glad you said that Aviator. Every so often when the posh folk get their finger out their ears and review a luxury lexus they always like to put em down for whatever reason. Becomes really annoying but sometimes makes you wonder.

Hope you manage to make do with the Volvo and hopefully you'll be back with a big Lexus again soon. All the best...

• Like 1

I have the facelift LS600 Premier, really special and unique car. Occasionally the subject of interesting and bewildered looks from either those in the know or those who have never seen one! 

Running costs definitely higher than various previous GS models before it but ride on a long journey just awesome.

Recently had UX courtesy car, v nice little car but actually felt like it was travelling at speed at 65 whereas LS at that speed is whisper quiet, not straining any muscle and feels more like 30! Utterly serene and under the radar which is what I love. Would highly recommend…

• Like 1

2 interesting points of engineering to note:

1. LS was designed to be so well built that the first 60k miles should show no deterioration from new;

2. Interior nvh designed to be so quiet that you can hold a normal conversation at 60 mph without raising voices.

Both points work in action! But remember this car cost around £100k new and running costs are therefore high although I imagine still lower than rivals.

In contrast, took a friend’s nice high spec E class to Mercedes dealer which was an enormous shed lacking in any real human interaction or customer care. Decided then and there I will not spend a small fortune on the S class only to be treated like that! Good choice too…

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links