Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 hours ago, SlowV6 said:

Thanks. Yes I spotted that. I can't help but think it is sitting low at the back. Perhaps it is just my old eyes.

They do sit much lower at the rear. I would want to see it cold before the engine was started and compare levels. It's normal for the pump to kick in, depending on weight being carried, road levels etc but it shouldn't go down when it's sitting for days unused.

That car was actually on my list of cars I was considering because it was in my price range. I never went to see it in person but it looks like it's in decent nick. 

In regards to it riding low at the back, they all do that so I wouldn't worry. 

Personally I'd try and find something with lower miles. Mileage isn't everything with these cars though. My 100,000 mile LS430 is in better shape then my 65,000 mile one. 

If it's been taken care of I wouldn't have any concerns with the engine or gearbox as they're bulletproof. My concern would be the air suspension. it's reliable as far as air suspension goes but I start to see them fail from around 160,000 to 200,000. Or course that can easily be fixed, but it would be very expensive. 

General question this as I am not keen on full Werthers spec gold.

IF an LS430 sags at the rear overnight then would I be right in assuming this means leaky air strut(s). If it then rises up when the car starts is this acceptable or is it still impending doom and walk (run?) away.

reason I ask is because a local one has popped up where the seller has been open about this.

thanks.

11 minutes ago, SlowV6 said:

General question this as I am not keen on full Werthers spec gold.

IF an LS430 sags at the rear overnight then would I be right in assuming this means leaky air strut(s). If it then rises up when the car starts is this acceptable or is it still impending doom and walk (run?) away.

reason I ask is because a local one has popped up where the seller has been open about this.

thanks.

I don’t know the specific answer to your question, but sometimes mine does lower, but am only really aware because I can hear the compressor working, when I start up. Runs perfectly otherwise, and I am not concerned at all.

• Like 1

Thanks @RgrWynne that is reassuring to know. This is the car I am referring to. It is a pre-facelift in lovely dark blue with pale leather, which is arguably my favourite combination. The question I am asking myself about the saggy rear is do I feel lucky punk?! Note also timing belt due in a couple of years working forward from 75000 miles.

thanks.

It is normal for the car to sink overnight - his means there is an air leak which can only get worse - had mine 7 years and it does not sink, nor do I notice any difference in ride height - the compressor comes on occasionally - hope this helps

with the cambelt change on 11-08-11 at Lexus Poole it might be that they would have a computer record of that and let you have or see a copy ?  I'm assuming it was done at that 73k mile service there

then it's not due until 10 years / 100k miles on from there  ..  wonder if the waterpump was changed too at that time !

good luck with your decision

Malc

10 hours ago, cruisermark said:

It is normal for the car to sink overnight - his means there is an air leak which can only get worse - had mine 7 years and it does not sink, nor do I notice any difference in ride height - the compressor comes on occasionally - hope this helps

Sorry the above should read it is NOT normal for the car to sink overnight.

Yep no worries. I guessed that. Thanks. Seller says it has been happening about 3 months. He believes lack of use may have caused it.

He also says it pumps itself up at start up and drives fine after that. I am possibly trying to talk myself into believing it would carry on being "ok" for a couple of years (when the timing  belt is due) and assuming regular use again! Seller seems a decent chap and has been up front about a couple of other issues.

1 hour ago, SlowV6 said:

Yep no worries. I guessed that. Thanks. Seller says it has been happening about 3 months. He believes lack of use may have caused it.

He also says it pumps itself up at start up and drives fine after that. I am possibly trying to talk myself into believing it would carry on being "ok" for a couple of years (when the timing  belt is due) and assuming regular use again! Seller seems a decent chap and has been up front about a couple of other issues.

I second the sagging overnight thing, it shouldn't happen. 

Well a cheap fix would be to buy a used shock - there are some listed on eBay for £159

A new shocks is around £800

Phil (the acre) recently removed all his air suspension and replaced with NEW aftermarket ones from USA.

Just for reference mines on 145k without any problems (touch wood)

Is the gold car in question sinking overnight?

25 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Well a cheap fix would be to buy a used shock - there are some listed on ebay for £159

A new shocks is around £800

Phil (the acre) recently removed all his air suspension and replaced with NEW aftermarket ones from USA.

Just for reference mines on 145k without any problems (touch wood)

Is the gold car in question sinking overnight?

Apologies. I confused the thread yesterday by asking about a different car. This one in fact - a blue pre facelift. The seller has confirmed to me separately it started sinking around 3 months ago. He has owned it since 2011.

The seller of the gold car has not offered up whether his is sinking or not, although looking at the pictures it does look low at the back (conjecture).

Once again - apologies for thread confusion!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links