Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link issues

Hello, has anyone ever got this thing to connect, i.e. Connected Services?  I can send nav routes to the car (albeit in km, not miles), enter dates for service, etc. but I can’t get the thing to connect so I have full Connected Services.  For reference I’m on iOS and Mac.

cheers

Habu

Been having problems with Connected Services for a while now. Constantly getting the message that it’s not available, please log in. Tried deleting my username and password and then re-entering them, but still can’t connect. Just wondering if the system is trying to log into the Lexus EU site which is now closed. The main question is does anyone know how to sort this, or stop the annoying message popping up. Either one will do.

• 3 months later...

Hi, have you tried contacting Lexus customer services? Have had our new RX for 2 weeks (2020 spec) and the app has been asking me to contact the local centre, who know nothing about what they need to do. Customer Services have come back to me tonight after I submitted a question through the Lexus UK website. They say they have competed the activation process and it should all filter down to the app and the car over the next 24hrs. Will see.. It should mean the in-built WiFi hotspot works properly and the Lexus Link app is set up correctly to the multimedia device. So may be worth contacting them to see if there’s issues they can help with.

Spent several weeks trying before Lexus UK finally acknowledged that Lexus Link Connected Services is not compatible with the 2019 ES but will be for the 2020 model.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2020 at 11:14 PM, StGeorge said:

Hi, have you tried contacting Lexus customer services? Have had our new RX for 2 weeks (2020 spec) and the app has been asking me to contact the local centre, who know nothing about what they need to do. Customer Services have come back to me tonight after I submitted a question through the Lexus UK website. They say they have competed the activation process and it should all filter down to the app and the car over the next 24hrs. Will see.. It should mean the in-built WiFi hotspot works properly and the Lexus Link app is set up correctly to the multimedia device. So may be worth contacting them to see if there’s issues they can help with.

I’m having a similar issue - with a 2020 RX450L. Is yours now sorted?

• 4 months later...

Finally received an email from Lexus last night confirming that the “WiFi Box” has been activated in the car so I can finally make use of the full functionality of the Lexus Link app!

However, first I heard of the internet access subscription model. Does anyone know if you are able to use another Sim provider after the 6 month trial is over?

On 7/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, Min2 said:

Finally received an email from Lexus last night confirming that the “WiFi Box” has been activated in the car so I can finally make use of the full functionality of the Lexus Link app!

However, first I heard of the internet access subscription model. Does anyone know if you are able to use another Sim provider after the 6 month trial is over?

Interestingly after chasing through the dealer last month and sending a message to Lexus via the website I was wondering if this would ever be fixed. Like you it activated on Friday although I had connected the RX to the internet via my phone as I was about to make a long journey and the email timing matches when I turned on the phone wifi sharing.

On the SIM side I guess in theory yes, but I've no idea if the box in the boot is locked to Orange or even contains a SIM card.

• 11 months later...

I think I can answer a couple of things here.

1. The sim card in the wifi box cannot be changed.  It is an esim and is provisioned by Lexus.  You cant change it.  Its not a physical card in a slot.

2. Joel - are you using an Iphone?  If so, there is an incompatibility where the some piece of info is not being captured by the car (since ios13) to allow the password to be saved.  Hence you need to re-enter the password each time  Is that what you are describing?  If this is indeed the case, I suggest you email customer relations and ask them to fix it.  If I were using an Iphone for this purpose I would be quite annoyed.  Luckily the wifi hotspot in the vehicle works reliably with the head unit.

Paul

13 minutes ago, PDM said:

I think I can answer a couple of things here.

1. The sim card in the wifi box cannot be changed.  It is an esim and is provisioned by Lexus.  You cant change it.  Its not a physical card in a slot.

2. Joel - are you using an iphone?  If so, there is an incompatibility where the some piece of info is not being captured by the car (since ios13) to allow the password to be saved.  Hence you need to re-enter the password each time  Is that what you are describing?  If this is indeed the case, I suggest you email customer relations and ask them to fix it.  If I were using an iphone for this purpose I would be quite annoyed.  Luckily the wifi hotspot in the vehicle works reliably with the head unit.

Paul

Hi Paul,

so are you saying my car already has a sim in the car already?

yes I am using an Iphone so and that is the experience I am having, wish I seen this before Friday as I was in the dealers Friday getting my cat loc fitted.

cheers for the info 

Joel

Hi Joel,

Sorry for the confusion.  The sim card comment was adressed to Min2 above.  I dont think the CT was ever fitted with the Lexus 4G wifi box, so you need to tether to another type of internet connection, e.g. your phone, as you have been correctly trying to do.

Im not sure the dealers have a fix yet for the Iphone password problem you have seen.  One possible work around (that seems to work for some using apple devices) is to use the Bluetooth connection to the phone to share the internet.  That said, ask your dealer about the password issue anyway.  The more people highlight the issue the faster Lexus may provide a software fix.

Thanks,

Paul

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I have just received the delivery of my Lexus 300h. I like the model, but else like support and services appears as average. I have tried to link my Lexus Link and Lexus Link+ app with the car without success. This was observed at the time of delivery as well, but probably it was not important for the the dealership. I initially installed Link and successfully logged into the account, but got a reply that I have to install Link +. However, when I log using Link+, I get message that the app is keep cutting and whether I want to check the app or remove it. I am stuck here. Even while installing the app, it was confusing whether it was Lexus app or link to install some other advertising app, and obviously it was the later. I have not been able to cross the barrier yet and still no success. I did inform the dealership of this problem and requested them if they could let the Lexus management know and no update from either!

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, PDM said:

Hi Joel,

Sorry for the confusion.  The sim card comment was adressed to Min2 above.  I dont think the CT was ever fitted with the Lexus 4G wifi box, so you need to tether to another type of internet connection, e.g. your phone, as you have been correctly trying to do.

Im not sure the dealers have a fix yet for the Iphone password problem you have seen.  One possible work around (that seems to work for some using Apple devices) is to use the bluetooth connection to the phone to share the internet.  That said, ask your dealer about the password issue anyway.  The more people highlight the issue the faster Lexus may provide a software fix.

Thanks,

Paul

So  now 2024 still have that issue despite flagging it with my dealership.  Now got an issue where the Premium Nav isn't accepting my portal details.  Since January I just get "Connection Refused" error messages but I can still log in via the webpage and app! any suggestions? The portal details work to get me in to the communication settings in the Bluetooth menu!