Hello there

I recently bought a 58-plate Lexus RX400h from a main dealer and I was sold Tyres & Alloy Insurance for £500 that's valid for 3 years. The insurance is provided by Premia Solutions (Warwickshire) and have any of you have had any experience having this Insurance and is it really worth having this? The knot is that this insurance policy does not replace with new tyres if it's a general wear & tear but only if's got punctured. 

and the alloys cover is ?

Malc

A puncture 'if it can be fixed' is £19-21ish. The average car has a puncture ever 6-7 years. 

Does the insurance cover 'the wheels looking are a bit shabby and a refurbishment  would be nice'?

Sounds very expensive to me, punctures as mentioned previously are rare, wheel refurbishment is possibly £50-80 a wheel and should you damage one beyond repair a second hand one on a 2008 car wouldn’t cost the earth. Not had a response yet from the poster but is there also an excess to pay for each claim?