Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello there

I recently bought a 58-plate Lexus RX400h from a main dealer and I was sold Tyres & Alloy Insurance for £500 that's valid for 3 years. The insurance is provided by Premia Solutions (Warwickshire) and have any of you have had any experience having this Insurance and is it really worth having this? The knot is that this insurance policy does not replace with new tyres if it's a general wear & tear but only if's got punctured.

-Shiva

Most alloys can be repaired for about £60 per rim and new tyres are 80-150 depending on what you want .most insurances are worthless really ,you would be better off putting the money in a separate bank account for running repairs as required .

• Like 1

Think  its better to have some money put aside for tyres /wheels as per Lager shandy thoughts. 

If your wheels were diamond cut on low profile tyres Imight think differently as a scuffed wheel rim on those is going to be around £140 a wheel to fix. With the RX there is a bit more rubber to protect them. 

• Thanks 1