Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat nav system

I have just acquired a Lexus NX300h Takumi model.( October 1st) I am trying to determine if it has the very latest sat nav system - any ideas how to check this out?

Also i have noticed on the Forum that there are quite a few references to new models of the NX coming with a 3year free update of the sat Nav system. - I must check this with Lexus derby.

Also does anyone have experience in using3D Buildings and landmarks - I have ticked the box in the set up.

Thanks

Try checking the version at different times. I find that sometimes my system displays the nice name (2019 v1) and other times it displays the internal code number (like A36). 
I did have a list somewhere that gave the code number for each different version but I can’t find it. 

Thanks very much for getting back to me.Looks like you have been with Lexus for some time.

I will take another look this afternoon. Do you have any comment on my relating to Route trace and 3D landmarks and buildings?

40 minutes ago, tony withnall said:

Thanks very much for getting back to me.Looks like you have been with Lexus for some time.

I will take another look this afternoon. Do you have any comment on my relating to Route trace and 3D landmarks and buildings?

Although I have 3d checked I have never had it activate. If it similar to Audi which I suspect the 3d only activated in major cities. E.g. Liverpool, Manchester etc. 

2 hours ago, Eggie said:

Although I have 3d checked I have never had it activate. If it similar to Audi which I suspect the 3d only activated in major cities. E.g. Liverpool, Manchester etc. 

I don't see how you can activate it.Consensus at the moment is that it comes on automatically  as you enter major cities - find it hard to believe and the manual makes no reference to this area.

3 hours ago, pobrown said:

Try checking the version at different times. I find that sometimes my system displays the nice name (2019 v1) and other times it displays the internal code number (like A36). 
I did have a list somewhere that gave the code number for each different version but I can’t find it. 

On the software update screen I'm seeing a great deal of information but nothing simple like 2019v1 - however there is reference to A36_4.

Going in to Lexus Derby tomorrow and they will hook up to the computer to determine how updated the system really is - or so I'm told.

From my (limited) research, I think version A36 is '2018 v2' (also known as 928)

The code name for '2019 v1' looks like it will be A4D or 929

I get some 3D buildings, but only in major city centres.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links