Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES300h Memory Seat Function / Programming

STE041

So, very impressed with the ES300h, I’ve had mine since mid September, however on the memory seat function, the tilt and slide steering wheel positions are held in memory, but the seat itself is not retained in the memory. The smart entry and exit works fine, but when setting  seat positions and pressing set and 1, 2 or 3 the seat isn’t held in memory. Has anyone else had this issue? I hadn’t read the book until today and thought it was something to do with having both a card key and car key on me at the same time, having left one of the keys indoors, this hadn’t resolved the issue either. A minor niggle so far, but something I’d rather have a bash at sorting before going back to Lexus as I don’t know if I am missing something obvious.

As long as you're keeping the 'Set' button held in while pressing 1, 2, or 3 and keeping them both pressed until you hear a beep, you're doing it right. Maybe something needs tweaking with Techstream?

50 minutes ago, Herbie said:

As long as you're keeping the 'Set' button held in while pressing 1, 2, or 3 and keeping them both pressed until you hear a beep, you're doing it right. Maybe something needs tweaking with Techstream?

I cancelled all entries as the manual says if more than 1 key is present, it won’t store into memory correctly. I have entered the car with just the card key and set position 1 and position 2 however the seat does not move in any memory position but the steering wheel does move. May have to take it back to Lexus as I am not sure if it’s something they change a setting on.

18 minutes ago, i-s said:

On our GS you can't recall the seat position unless the car is in Park. Might that be it?

I’ve tried it in park, in drive, seat belt on, seat belt off, ignition at accessory and ignition on - none worked, so gave up and spent the next half hour playing with Tidal, Master Tracks and the ML sounds

• 1 year later...

• 10 months later...
On 6/3/2021 at 1:32 PM, Barryhi said:

Go into vehicle settings in the main touchpad memory.  You can programme wheel, seat separately or both move together

Feel like I'm missing something glaringly obvious. I've had a look through the menus and can't see anyway to change the system to also set the seat position with the mirrors.

Have pushed the menu button and been into the settings menu but couldn't see anything in there. 

I couldn’t her mine to save at all then was told the seat has to be run all the way from front to back, up and down and the backrest full forward and back for the seat to know it’s limits. Did that and memory now works perfectly.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 8:46 PM, Tony787 said:

I couldn’t her mine to save at all then was told the seat has to be run all the way from front to back, up and down and the backrest full forward and back for the seat to know it’s limits. Did that and memory now works perfectly.

Thanks Tony, problem solved and the seat are now setting as well! 

I had the same problem seat wouldn’t remember positions in memory properly.

The solution is to program correctly as per the manual , but the seat needs to know the full forward and back position for seat and back rest ,  ie a reset.

however plz remember if the Battery is disconnected for what ever reason you have to start all over again  to set the positions……

• Like 1