Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Superman is arriving

Eldavo

Popped into Lexus Newcastle to find out when my car will be here - 12th November so not long now.

The salesman told me that they were looking forward to seeing it and taking some photos for other dealers and potential customers to look at as they haven’t done any other in that colour combo. I asked whether that was to show them in a good way or a bad way, and was told he wasn’t sure yet until he saw it in the metal.

I’ve gone for a “Superman” spec of an F Sport in Azure Blue with Flare Red interior - whether I turn up for collection with my pants on top of my trousers or not remains to be seen 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Wondered if your are using Lexus Newcastle for your new ES.

A member called Habu I think used them and got a bundle of goodies off them,  hamper, cleaning kit etc.   Might be worth asking if they do this for all customers.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:03 PM, Eldavo said:

I’ve gone for a “Superman” spec of an F Sport in Azure Blue with Flare Red interior - whether I turn up for collection with my pants on top of my trousers or not remains to be seen 🙂

When I had my BMW F30 that's exactly how the blue/red combo was described. And I have to say it did look splendid. Not a choice many would make on paper but in the flesh quite striking.

And honest offer but if you post a pic with your pants on top of your trousers at car handover I'll donate £50 to a children's charity of your choice.

No pressure :wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

Wondered if your are using Lexus Newcastle for your new ES.

A member called Habu I think used them and got a bundle of goodies off them,  hamper, cleaning kit etc.   Might be worth asking if they do this for all customers.

I bought my ES from Lexus Teesside although I first looked at an ES Takumi at Lexus Newcastle.  Teesside is my nearest centre.🙂

This is coming as a company car purchase via Arval so I very much doubt I’ll get any goodies unfortunately. 

Yes, it is coming from Lexus Newcastle, they’ve been fantastic throughout the whole process - in fact the business manager remembered me from when we bought a 3 series cab from them and from when I had my Porsche MOT-ed there about 5 years ago! Given the 10,000 mile service interval they won’t forget me as I’ll be there every 6 months.

Bloody hell Richard - no pressure 😂 I’m making no promises but never say never (I don’t even know how to post pics on here)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Just an observation - I wonder why Lexus haven't moved on from the Gearstick design?

It works?

Also, I think it lends a more 'sporty' impression? Purely a visual thing as, apart from starting and stopping, one hardly ever touches it!

On 11/8/2019 at 8:53 AM, cruisermark said:

Nice looking car I can only dream about!

Just an observation - I wonder why Lexus haven't moved on from the Gearstick design?

It’s like why do men still have nipples? 😯

My dad had a Maserati without a gear stick - just the buttons cribbed from the Ferrari F430 - and it never felt quite right. 

So I guess it’s just what (probably American) buyers in this sector “expect” rather than any other reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eldavo said:

It’s like why do men still have nipples? 😯

My dad had a Maserati without a gear stick - just the buttons cribbed from the Ferrari F430 - and it never felt quite right. 

So I guess it’s just what (probably American) buyers in this sector “expect” rather than any other reason. 

Enjoy the car David. You are a fortunate man to have the opportunity to drive that.

Oh, and lest I forget.....do NOT pack any Kryptonite in your luggage !! 

• Haha 1

And a very generous offer it was - how could I not. In the spirit of things - I’ll match it when I get home too 👍

Loving the car, enjoying working out all the quirks of the menu system and was both surprised and delighted that the central Tacho display physically moves to reveal extra functions - I only ever test drove the non-F Sports so that was a Brucie Bonus. 

• Like 1