Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice on Trim Repair - 2009 Lexus 400H Exec Limited Edition

Hi

I have some small damage to the leather/vinyl/plastic(?) trim either side of the gear selector. I only bought the car last week and didn’t notice this damage until today so I suspect this was caused yesterday following an upgrade to the car’s audio system but, as I don’t have any before photos, I cannot be sure.

On the left hand side there is a small puncture and on the right hand side the material seems to have become creased and possibly slightly scuffed.

If anyone has any experience or advice on if/how this might be repaired, or can suggest a good repairer in the SE London/Kent area that would be greatly appreciated. The rest of the interior is in superb condition so I’d really like to get this fixed.

Thanks,

Robert

AA48A8AC-B27D-4724-A6E9-AAA5EAF4B5F8.jpeg

F7F9F22C-8A37-4E6A-AEE0-4062DDBC73FE.jpeg

01AFF817-7CC6-45C6-BA45-02051192A578.jpeg

088FAE18-3394-458C-92E7-90E4A35C57FD.jpeg

I think I would be going straight back to the audio installer and having strong words. I had a similar issue many moons ago when Sextons did almost identical damage to a beautiful classic Mercedes 300ce. They got it repaired. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robert de Castro said:

but, as I don’t have any before photos, I cannot be sure.

What about the advertisement photos that the dealer used in the sale ad?

On 10/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, Herbie said:

What about the advertisement photos that the dealer used in the sale ad?

Thanks to both of you for the advice. Unfortunately I didn’t save the online photos and the advert has now been removed. I did go back to the dealer and they insisted the damage was already there. I know they use this audio installer regularly so I’m not sure if they’d be reluctant to help me prove my case. I suspect that might be the case. The installer also sounded surprised and said they didn’t drill any holes- but this is clearly an accidental puncture.

in the end I was recommended a local smart repairer and they have done an excellent job. If you look closely you can see it’s been repaired but it’s certainly much better than before.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links