Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 RHD to LHD side mirrors?

Does anyone know if the right side mirror on an RHD car will fit the right side of an LHD car? I read somewhere that they don't fit, but not sure why. My mirror is broken, the glass itself is ok, but the housing is broken and motor doesn't work. Could only find RHD cars for stripping in Europe, very few LHD ones and so far, no LHD mirrors...

You may be able to make it work using perhaps some parts of your old mirror mounting. The angle of the "passengers" mirror to the side window of the car is much more acute than the drivers mirror to it's window. The reason why a passenger cannot see the same view as the driver out of the door mirrors.

John.

4 minutes ago, Britprius said:

You may be able to make it work using perhaps some parts of your old mirror mounting. The angle of the "passengers" mirror to the side window of the car is much more acute than the drivers mirror to it's window. The reason why a passenger cannot see the same view as the driver out of the door mirrors.

John.

Thanks for the reply! I was expecting the angle to be different, but i know the angle is created by the glass mirror itself, not the actual housing. So what i think i'm asking is : are the LHD and RHD mirror housings similar? Coz i can easily remove the glass mirror from mine and put it into a different housing...

2 minutes ago, andykao said:

Thanks for the reply! I was expecting the angle to be different, but i know the angle is created by the glass mirror itself, not the actual housing. So what i think i'm asking is : are the LHD and RHD mirror housings similar? Coz i can easily remove the glass mirror from mine and put it into a different housing...

No the angle is greater in the mounting bracket, but the glass can be changed over.

John