Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sidelights & Number Plate Lights not working

Hello all!

I have a light on my dash showing that i have a light out, checked and it is my front Sidelights & Number Plate Lights not working.. Is there a separate fuse for these as i don't think they all magically broke at the same time.

Everything else is working, would it be the 'Tail' or 'Gauge' fuse?

Thank you! 🙂

23 minutes ago, Dean1309 said:

Hi,

The fuse box is located by the drivers kick panel inside the car next to the pedals, take the cover off and check for the 'tail' fuse.

This is most likely the blown fuse.

Dean

Thanks pal! I'll have a look!

Strange how it would stop the front sidelights working also.

-Michael

1 hour ago, scudney said:

Have you checked/tested the bulbs themselves,could be that the bulbs have had it and just need replacing 🤔

Im going to check the fuse when i get home, its the two front sidelights and both rear numberplate lights that suddenly stopped working so im assuming it is a fuse 🤞

10 hours ago, Herbie said:

Could be a loose/corroded/dirty connection at a common point so you'll need a wiring diagram and a multimeter to progress any further.

From what i've seen on wiring diagrams..

TAIL should be for the Sidelights

GAUGE should be for the number plate lights

Very confused now as to how each light is working except these on the two different circuits, maybe i should try a replacement bulb in case they all did magically blow at the same time

Just wondering what was you doing at the time when you realised both lots of bulbs were not working. Was you changing any bulbs?

Only reason I ask is I was changing number plate bulbs and accidentally blew a fuse. I also noticed interior lights were no longer working and side lights were not working.

Replaced the fuse and all came back.

I cannot see all 4 bulbs failing at the same time, which I would have thought points to a fuse. Try changing a side light 501 bulb with a known good bulb and see if it lights up.

I would pull each and every fuse in both kick panels and under the bonnet to make sure all fuses are good.

25 minutes ago, Dean1309 said:

Just wondering what was you doing at the time when you realised both lots of bulbs were not working. Was you changing any bulbs?

Only reason I ask is I was changing number plate bulbs and accidentally blew a fuse. I also noticed interior lights were no longer working and side lights were not working.

Replaced the fuse and all came back.

I cannot see all 4 bulbs failing at the same time, which I would have thought points to a fuse. Try changing a side light 501 bulb with a known good bulb and see if it lights up.

I would pull each and every fuse in both kick panels and under the bonnet to make sure all fuses are good.

I will do just that.

The only thing i can think of is that i recently correctly wired in my stereo to stop it draining the Battery. (Relocating one of the yellow wires)

The power is coming from a piggyback fuse connector to the passenger side fusebox, like you say it must be a blown fuse somewhere or maybe the radio wiring is taking up too much of the voltage and now not allowing the other things to get power.

I will have another look when i get home!

Cheers!

UPDATE

After having another look over the wiring diagram it seems as though it is a simple wire problem between the number plate lights and light failure sensor causing this, i will need to have a look when i get home.