Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i just sold my black mk2 gs sport x reg with 42k flsh history for 13.5k to a dealer can u guys tell me if it was a stupd move.the best offer i had private was 14k but he would not buy without log book as i sent it off for the pivate plate to be retained by dvla?????as u guys are aware tht from my old posts my car had a fullrespray by alan day after a hit n run but i was shocked to see that the aa and the garage that bought my car did not notice that the car hada full respray the aa charged 250 pounds andthey did not spot it.i think anyone paying for an inspection should be aware that u may be wasting ur money could please have ur views on both these points please thanking u in advance.

I think you got the right money for it the full respray would have sent most people running especialy if they had an aa report done .that little sensor they use measures paint depth etc and would have shown it did not have a factory finish ,all i can say is the bloke that did the inspection for the dealer :tsktsk: it up.

thanx guys i still find it disturbing that the aa dd not see the respray neither did the dealer i hope he does not come hunting me down when he finds out.all i have left now is a complete set of lucas brake pads and an 18 inch sport rim which is in very good nick if anyone wants them i willaccept anything reasonable to clear em out the garage.

its an original mk2 gs sport rim i know they retail at approx 400 pounds but mine has a couple of small chip marks but no kerbing i think 150 notes is reasonable?????wot u guys think???i paid 100 pounds for the lucas pads plus i have the original cd for the sport i would let all 3 go for 200