Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good morning, I have just become a Lexus owner Model RX450H model year 2013  my question  what is the function of the card key also dose it need to be carried along with the electronic key  ? 
kind regards,

William 

I have no idea but mine is a November 2013 RX450h Advance and I've never had a card key. Not only that, there's nowhere to slot it in so I'm very intrigued by this - what model variant is yours?

My 2019 RC300 came with both the usual key fob and the key card. The card does not need to be carried with the fob, it functions instead of the fob, just no buttons. The card can be left in one's pocket/wallet, it doesn't slot in anywhere. It's just meant as a less bulky/obtrusive device for opening the car..

I imagine carrying both might confuse the car regarding the easy entry memory settings and climate memory settings.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Does anyone know if this was an option just from new?  I was not given one when I bought my used car from Lexus and have never heard it mentioned previously.

It's usually trim dependant. 

• Like 1

Well if it is just trim dependent, I would assume that my car being a Premium it should of had one which begs the question that being a one owner car why was it not provided when I bought the car, something I will ask Lexus?

25 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Well if it is just trim dependent, I would assume that my car being a Premium it should of had one which begs the question that being a one owner car why was it not provided when I bought the car, something I will ask Lexus?

You should definitely check with your dealer. 

When I brought mine it only came with the premium, so I don't see why yours shouldn't either, assuming it was available at the time.