Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I the only one who thinks the back of the new 3 series looks like an IS?

There is a White 3 series in my street and at first glance I thought it was an is, had to look twice. 

Thankfully it wasn't, just another ball of German dirt. Every 2nd car in the street is white and 90% of them are German.

our grey Lexus stands out well by far the best and prettiest

The likeness has been commented on previously, more so on BMW forums.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:50 PM, Shada said:

Thankfully it wasn't, just another ball of German dirt. Every 2nd car in the street is white and 90% of them are German.

I'm not a lover of white but there's a reason 90% are German, good or bad Lexus are doing naff all to address it .  

When the first press shots of the G20 were released that was my first thought - that the tail lamps absolutely SCREAM Lexus. 

Then I saw the interior, and thought "my god, what a busy hodge-podge". 

Is it any wonder that in the USA 3 series sales are down 20% compared to last year, and that's comparing to the end-of-life F30 (which was never particularly loved by enthusiasts)? When a new model comes out it usually sells best in its first year or two and then declines over time until replaced, but the G20 isn't even matching the last year of the old model. I'm sure that the picture is a little better in europe, would be interesting to see the numbers. 

12 hours ago, doog442 said:

I'm not a lover of white but there's a reason 90% are German, good or bad Lexus are doing naff all to address it .  

The reason 90% are German is because white audi a4's are concidered fashionable. And snowflakes with no taste of their own want what everyone else has. And funded by the fact they can walk in with a small deposit sign it up and drive away. 

The German sure isn't popular for its price quality or relay ability, less so if you park one next to a lexus or volvo. 

There’s a lot more to it than that.

This was discussed in another thread a while back, the German car companies are still riding of the back of very successful marketing campaigns that go back to the 80’s and 90’s.
To be honest I’m not sure I would like Lexus seen In The same light as the German stuff, part of the reason I bought it was because it didn’t have the reputation that the German cars do (or should I say their drivers)

Lexus are aiming their designs at the US market, that fact they enjoy success in the UK is a matter of convenience. Yes when they launched back in the 90’s we were one of the desirable markets but the US yields so much more profit than the UK market.
That’s why the Lexus range is so SUV heavy and sadly that won’t change

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Shada said:

The reason 90% are German is because white audi a4's are concidered fashionable. And snowflakes with no taste of their own want what everyone else has. And funded by the fact they can walk in with a small deposit sign it up and drive away. 

The German sure isn't popular for its price quality or relay ability, less so if you park one next to a lexus or volvo. 

No one cares about reliability on a 3 year lease or PCP deal...its all under warranty. You nailed it in your previous post, the reason 90% are German is that its fashionable....that's what sells cars nowadays, not how it will perform 125,000 miles and 10 years down the line. 

1 hour ago, doog442 said:

No one cares about reliability on a 3 year lease or PCP deal...its all under warranty. You nailed it in your previous post, the reason 90% are German is that its fashionable....that's what sells cars nowadays, not how it will perform 125,000 miles and 10 years down the line. 

Pcp wouldn't be a huge market over here, company cars would be a larger portion of the new sales. But yes your right on the sense people don't care on the 3 year deal. 

I was more referring to privately owned.