Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat nav system

Has anyone already installed? Are there any significant changes to the interface, for example? Is everything as it was only the maps are updated.I just started downloading. Tomorrow maybe I will install.

Having mine installed by Lexus on Wednesday next week so as yet don't know what to expect.

Would be interested to learn from you after installation if it is Software and Map updates.

Has the new update got a reference - I believe the previous update in April 2019 was 2019v1

14 hours ago, pobrown said:

On the paid part of the Lexus Tech website, there is a new software version for the Navigation (MEU) to version 1530.  Nothing significant just more bug fixes.

Hi Phil,

Can you point me in the direction of the new software version (1530) on the Lexus Tech website please? All I can see on there is the map update. Many thanks.

Go to ‘Repair’ then ‘Technical Service Bulletin’. 
Type in your VIN or search for your car type. 
The details and download links are in TSB: BE-00006L-TME

TSB: BE-00143L-TME also contains updated software for the audio/Bluetooth system  

You will need a paid subscription to access this - costs about £3 for an hours access. 

2 hours ago, pobrown said:

Go to ‘Repair’ then ‘Technical Service Bulletin’. 
Type in your VIN or search for your car type. 
The details and download links are in TSB: BE-00006L-TME

TSB: BE-00143L-TME also contains updated software for the audio/Bluetooth system  

You will need a paid subscription to access this - costs about £3 for an hours access. 

Thanks Phil - you sure know your way around - I'll have a go.

hi guys is the map update to download is free for vehicles upto 3 years old and if not what is the cost to update as the sat nav on lexus is not upto scratch 

2 hours ago, nicos said:

hi guys is the map update to download is free for vehicles upto 3 years old and if not what is the cost to update as the sat nav on lexus is not upto scratch 

on the "Lexus- tech.eu" website it clearly states that there are 3 year free map updates for the 17CY Multi media system as is fitted to my NX300h Takumi Model.Don't know if this helps at all but there might be a cost implication dependent on the system fitted to your vehicle.

4 minutes ago, pobrown said:

All updates installed this morning. 

201FF04C-6722-422F-99DC-D3C62D74EFE2.jpeg

Great job - wish I could attempt same but hopefully in the future. My vehicle going in to Lexus Wednesday for the update. To early for you to notice any changes?

Do you use Lexus on line - having trouble with my connection over last 2 days.

The updates are easy - just time consuming. 
Not noticed any changes as I wasn’t really having issues.  They still haven’t fixed the bugs that annoy me (eg music files don’t play in the correct [track number] order). 

I occasionally use Lexus On Line (personal hotspot to an Iphone over Bluetooth).  Only really used when I’m setting a navigation destination which doesn’t appear on the POI database - I use the google search instead.  Works okay but I’m always surprised how slow it is. 

Where in Derbyshire are you Tony?  I’m south Sheffield so help may not be too far away if you need it. 

3 hours ago, pobrown said:

The updates are easy - just time consuming. 
Not noticed any changes as I wasn’t really having issues.  They still haven’t fixed the bugs that annoy me (eg music files don’t play in the correct [track number] order). 

I occasionally use Lexus On Line (personal hotspot to an iPhone over Bluetooth).  Only really used when I’m setting a navigation destination which doesn’t appear on the POI database - I use the google search instead.  Works okay but I’m always surprised how slow it is. 

Where in Derbyshire are you Tony?  I’m south Sheffield so help may not be too far away if you need it. 

Thanks Phil- I am obviously finding my was around the Multi Media system and my sat nav is having the map updated next week. I intend also to point out to Lexus the commitment to free map updates for 3 years which is quite clearly stated.

I used the Route Trace on my NX300h luxury which didn't have the Premium navigation - on this 17CY edition it is called Route save but the problem is that there doesn't seemed to be anyway to delete the trace( as there was on the previous model). I have raised a complaint with Lexus after sales manager at Derby and await a response.Have you come across this at all?

Regarding the Lexus internet I am not au fait with the system, which is set up and has been working but I think the portal might have been down for a couple of days - your comments re the Google search are beyond me at the moment.

I am also struggling withe the Automatic zoom - don't know what i am doing wrong at the moment.Is it correct that the 3D landmarks and buildings only comes into play in Big cities?

Bet you wished you'd never asked but appreciate the offer of help - you never know. I live in a small village called HATTON which is 10 miles west of Derby just off the A50 between Derby and Stoke. Only an hour away.

12 minutes ago, pobrown said:

It does that sometimes.  Reboot the system (hold the audio power button in) and have another look. 

No, still the same! But it's working...

Tony - the auto zoom changes the zoom level as you approach a junction.  Although not labelled as such I think that 'near' sets the zoom to 50m, 'normal' is 100m. Can't remember what far.  I find the feature useless as I generally have my zoom set to 20m anyway so even the 'near' setting would actually zoom out at junctions!  

I only see 3D landmarks in big cities and at high zoom levels (10m, 20m or 50m).  I've never used the route trace or save feature so I can't comment on it.

One thing I have noticed since updating both the maps (2019 v2) and software (1530) - I no longer get the split-screen junction view at junctions/turns (I still get slip roads on motorways though).  Really annoying - another bug to write on the list 😞 - I believe this only ever worked when auto zoom was switched off, but now it doesn't matter what setting I have.

17 hours ago, pobrown said:

Tony - the auto zoom changes the zoom level as you approach a junction.  Although not labelled as such I think that 'near' sets the zoom to 50m, 'normal' is 100m. Can't remember what far.  I find the feature useless as I generally have my zoom set to 20m anyway so even the 'near' setting would actually zoom out at junctions!  

I only see 3D landmarks in big cities and at high zoom levels (10m, 20m or 50m).  I've never used the route trace or save feature so I can't comment on it.

One thing I have noticed since updating both the maps (2019 v2) and software (1530) - I no longer get the split-screen junction view at junctions/turns (I still get slip roads on motorways though).  Really annoying - another bug to write on the list 😞 - I believe this only ever worked when auto zoom was switched off, but now it doesn't matter what setting I have.

Phil- thanks very much for your message. The information regarding the Auto Zoom and 3D landmarks has been most helpful.

My car should have had the map update installed on Wednesday last week but Lexus have delayed until November 18th.

As far as the route trace is concerned I have put the matter to the Lexus geeks.I use the system quite frequently. You are able to switch it On and Off. The problem lies in the fact you cannot delete the route once it is on the map!!. My previous NX300h had a " Delete Route Trace" option which appears to be missing on the current system. Lets see what they come up with.

My only other problem is with the Street View and Internet connection.I went into Nottingham and back twice yesterday and did not get a flicker of a signal from the icon in the top right hand corner of the screen. I may not use it a great deal but if it is there I have to have it working!