Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, New to the Club

FlyingScot

Hi to everybody, I have just become the proud owner of a Lexus CT200h F Sport. It is a 2016 car so just 3 years old and has a little over 25K miles on the clock. This is my first hybrid and it is taking a bit of getting used to.... 🙂 

1D6M4409.JPG

• Like 2

hi George and welcome to the forum

i like the CT in white the ct's shape suits the colour imo although your white garage door looks really grey now.

like any other car to get the best mpg light acceleration, when your going to stop

i.e. at traffic lights take your foot off the accelerator and let the regen braking slow you down

if you time it right you wont have to stop at the lights and can then use the batteries to keep you moving

read the road ahead so you dont accelerate when you dont need to.

• Like 1

Hi George, thanks for your post, it prompted me to join the club also.  Took delivery of our 2015  ct200H earlier in the week and am just getting used to the controls having driven a v50 Volvo SE Lux for the last 115,000 miles.  I am fairly confident we are going to like this car and, having read this page, it seems that Lexus owners tend to be satisfied with their purchase and keep their cars for a lengthy time.

Thank you to all who have posted in recent weeks - you have helped me make up my mind which car to buy when it became necessary for me to change to an automatic because of shoulder problems.

• Like 2

I have a MY17 CT  and over two and a half years of ownership average  55mpg with max of 68 on long trips. Driving a Hybrid  requires a different driving technique to get the best mpg. There are vids on YouTube about this.On short journeys mpg will be low particularly  in cold weather. In town, the trick is to use as much reg braking as possible.I use the Hybrid  Assistant  app in conjunction with a Link LX OBD. Shows the workings of the car in more detail. Worth considering.

Enjoy the car any queries we are here to help.

• Like 1