Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Faults on my new ux takumi

Hi herbie.  Been back to dealer three times in fact it’s still there been in 10 days this time.I don’t expect this sort of treatment from lexus. This is my third brand new Lexus if they don’t sort it it will be last

• Sad 2

No suggestions from the dealer, no thoughts at all?

My first would be a faulty nearside radar sensor, possibly dodgy connection or chaffing loom.

The headlamps not dipping, gotta be something with the front screen mounted camera, either adjustment/alignment or possibly a screen blemish.

Any or all would throw up some error codes, or be fairly easy to check.

I'd suggest taking the car to another dealership. Exactly how new is the car, how many miles on the clock?

• Like 4

If you've been without your new car for ten days and the dealer doesn't seem to be able to resolve the issues, then it might be time to politely involve Lexus Customer Services.

When I had a hard to to find issue/resolution with my first NX they liaised with the dealer and sent one of their tech guys to the dealership. The problem was found and resolved within a couple of days after weeks of previous attempts.

• Like 3

Depending on how long you have had the car and how many miles you have covered, you may have ground to "reject" the car. I am not familiar with the process, but someone on here may be able to provide details, or you may find this online. The Citizen Advice Bureau may also be able to point you in the right direction.

This link might be useful: https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/

I am not sure that the faults you have are "significant" enough to justify a reject though.

• Like 1

Hi I completely agree that this is unacceptable , all Lexus main dealers are not infallible and all 'technicians' are not equal ,I agree take the car to another dealer ,I'm sure it can be promptly fixed .

Dave

• Like 1

Hi guys. Update on my lexus ux takumi which I purchased brand new in July 2019. My car is still at the dealers still getting nowhere.Been touch with customer relations 5 times they never get Back in touch with me, I always have to phone them. Lost count how many times I have phoned the dealers. Just get a load of lies like we are getting the tech man never happened.Then we are waiting for the area manager, never happened.now we are supposed to be waiting for the managing director.I will believe that when I see it. As i said in my my post I reported the blind spot monitor only picking vehicles 50% of the time on the passenger side.Its perfect on the driver side.  And my auto dip headlights don’t dip blinding on coming traffic. Have to put it on manual. I hope lexus don’t try to make driverless cars because they will kill people.   My car has been sitting in the dealers now for 15 days and hasn’t been touched. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Have they at least given you a courtesy car in the meantime?

My next course of action would be to ask for a meeting with the dealer principal. Prepare a list of questions for the meeting and be very clear on the outcome you intend to reach and what you are willing to compromise on. When you meet, make it clear that you will minute the meeting. I'd suggest you take a third party with you as a witness.

At the end of the meeting go through your notes with the dealer principal and get him to sign them... although he may refuse to. Alternatively, send an email with your typed up notes to the dealer principal and your third party.

If you are not one for confrontation, I'd suggest you send a letter recorded delivery, requesting a response within x working days. 

You could also tell them that you are in the process of contacting the motoring press for some advice (Top Gear, WhatCar and other manazines all have consumer pages where letters are of complaints are published and commented upon. A company like Lexus which is consistently at the top of surveys for customer service will not want to see their reputation questionned). This approach has worked well for me in the past (no, it wasn't Lexus!)

You could also try and contact Lexus via their twitter feed: they are usually very responsive.

If you go to the bottom of the Lexus UK website, you will find links to their social media pages. You will also find a link to their Legal pages: this contains some advice on how to complain.

• Like 3

I'm surprised that Lexus Customer Services haven't been responsive. When I dealt with them they were exceptional.

I understand how frustrated you must be having been in a similar situation. Above all, stay calm, reasonable and polite. Keep records of conversations and promises made. As stated above, involve the Dealer Principal. It doesn't sound good currently, but hopefully it will get sorted and you can move on to enjoying your new car.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Colin. I have already spoken about the steady downward slide in the quality of service provided by Lexus. So sorry to hear about your problems. Who is the dealership involved so the rest of us know to avoid them in future. Have you read the Consumer Act so you know your rights regarding possible rejection of the vehicle. Sometimes a solicitors letter gets things moving.

• Like 1

Hi Charlie. I have finally heard from Lexus .They are going to get 2 tech Men to  test drive my car. One to drive and one to sit with the computer on his knee. Only took 3 months.To be fair l think it was the tech guys at Lexus headquarters that were dragging their feet and not Lexus Nottingham.And to be honest the customer sevice peaple at Lexus headquarters weren’t what I would have expected from a brand like Lexus. I must have phoned them 5 times and all they said was our technical dept are looking into it.l then would say will you keep me informed and they’d say yes but never phoned once.     WATCH THIS SPACE

Glad to hear Lexus are finally living up to there supposed reputation of outstanding customer service

Knowing what you know now, would you recommend Lexus to other potential buyers?

Be pleased to hear your reports on the UX over the coming months.

• 4 weeks later...

Well finally got my ux  takumi back. They have fixed the faults.it only took 7 months and been in 3 times for a total of well over a month.The auto dip lights work fine and so does the blind spot monitor.Not bad to say they kept saying they were ok. Customer services have not been in touch to see if everything was ok.Perhaps I can now enjoy my new car after 7 month of moaning. Lexus have spoilt the whole experience of having a lovely new car.As I have said before this is my third brand new Lexus in less than 4 years Totalling over £120000 and even though I love lexus cars I won’t be having another.I can get this sort of treatment elsewhere for a lot less money.

1 hour ago, Colin haynes said:

Well finally got my ux  takumi back. They have fixed the faults.it only took 7 months and been in 3 times for a total of well over a month.The auto dip lights work fine and so does the blind spot monitor.Not bad to say they kept saying they were ok. Customer services have not been in touch to see if everything was ok.Perhaps I can now enjoy my new car after 7 month of moaning. Lexus have spoilt the whole experience of having a lovely new car.As I have said before this is my third brand new Lexus in less than 4 years Totalling over £120000 and even though I love lexus cars I won’t be having another.I can get this sort of treatment elsewhere for a lot less money.

Glad it is now sorted Colin.

You should email Lexus Customer Services and complain formally and let us know if you still have confidence in Lexus Nottingham.

I agree. I would write a letter and include a diary of the events, listing phone calls, meetings, etc and tell them what you would like in compensation. You are in a bargaining position, so don't let them decide what that compensation may be. I would suggest that you ask for 3 years free servicing, or free extended warranty, etc. The worse that can happen is that they will say no, so you have nothing to lose.

Could also ask for a hefty discount on a new car on the basis that you no longer trust your current one. Supposedly, second hand UX are in high demand... they may oblige!

• Like 1

Lexus Nottingham had my GS for 2 days trying to work out why the interior light sometimes operated and sometimes not. Despite me telling them on 4 separate occasions that if you touched the entry switch on the "B" pillar only slightly they would operate and if off would turn them on and visa versa. After tracing wires and control units for 2 days they eventually changed the switch that I had pointed them to. I did have to lose my rag though. Consequently I shall not be returning and have no confidence in their abilities. I feel your pain Colin.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Had issues just trying to phone to speak to people at Nottingham when trying to get quotes for a service plan. At the time was run by Inchcape ended up with Lexus Leicester who were fantastic and were originally syntner. Though think they have now changed to inchcape too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links