Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres Today

Bowserman

I have 17" rims on my newly aquired 2011 CT and even though it was a dealer purchase, the tyres wernt fantastic, so enquired about cross climates which I have had fitted to my last two cars.

They were quite expensive so decided on Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 2 as they seem comparible to Michelin.

Dont do a huge mileage, around 5k a year so see how these compare to the Michelins for wear.

Will be interesting to hear how you get on. I’ve got Cross Climates on the car just now but the Goodyear’s were in the short list. Apparently they are slightly more winter biased than the Michelin but both get top ratings for their all season abilities. 

• Like 1

I have a 2015 ct200 and always gone for the yokama's that were supplied which I now note are a summer tyre - not something that was orginally spoke about in those days.  Am thinking about the Bridgestone Weather control A005 which has a higher rating on the mpg and water dispersal but 1dB higher and is an all weather tyre. These would only be on the front - any comments please

11 hours ago, JLH said:

These would only be on the front - any comments please

Don’t put all weather/all season/winter only across one axle. If you hit snow/ice this will lead to a big imbalance front to back and could result in serious oversteer. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, colin79666 said:

Don’t put all weather/all season/winter only across one axle. If you hit snow/ice this will lead to a big imbalance front to back and could result in serious oversteer. 

+1

8 hours ago, Stompe said:

Hi Guys, can anyone submit a comparison against the stock Yokohamas, against the Michelin Cross climates? Noise etc. Cheers. 

Yep - did a thread here. 
https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/109287-michelin-cross-climate/#comments

• Thanks 1

There were Cooper tyres on the front and Bridgstones on the back.

As I said, Cross Climates were my forst choice, but the cheapest I could get them was £120 a corner, and Costco couldnt supply for some reason, as I normally get them there.

Anyway, got the Goodyears fro £83 each online including delivery, and got them fitted for £20 all in.

Only done around 20 miles since I got them so difficult to say for comparisons, but dont seem any noisier than the ones that were on.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Yokohama's on my previous car, then replaced the back 2 with Michelin's CC, and found the rear to be much quieter and nicer ride.

Just bought a brand new F Sport the other day, so I'm sadly back to the Yoko's 😥

• 5 months later...

Bought some Goodyear 4 seasons in November and am delighted with them, they have transformed the ride of the car which I always found to be on the harsh side. Haven't really had a winter so cant comment on winter performance

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hello All,

My car is due 4 new tyres. I have F Sport model and it has 4 Yokohama low profile tyres on. 215/45R17 87W db E70

Can anybody please suggest any other tyres that are a bit quieter?

Thank you,
Sandra

Last year I had 4 Kumho tyres fitted. They’re reasonably priced and are very quiet. It’s a much more pleasant drive now. Previous to these I had it’s original Goodyears and they were hard noisy and terrible for grip.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Last year I had 4 Kumho tyres fitted. They’re reasonably priced and are very quiet. It’s a much more pleasant drive now. Previous to these I had it’s original Goodyears and they were hard noisy and terrible for grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul.

I`ve had the Kumho HA31 All Season tyres on my GS for 2 years now and I agree with all you say.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Stormchaser. 
I had to make a decision quick as they were worn heavily and I went with Michelin. They will be fitted over the weekend so hopefully they will be good.

I heard about Kumho tyres only after I ordered these. Pity, but I read Michelins are great too  

Thank you for your reply anyway. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have Goodyears 4 season, Gen 2 on my GS, very happy with them, comfy and quite, also gives me a bit of more assurance if we get the snow. I also find them very good when it is pouring rain.

I am thinking to get these for my wifes BMW, just to get rid of noise and harsh Run Flats.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links