Casa1862

Windscreen replacement

Driving on the A1 for a few days away during half term and stone chips soon turns into a full 12 inch crack. It didn’t seem that the stone hit that hard, I’ve had much worse on the works Astra which chipped but was simply repaired. Are these Lexus screens more fragile than others?  also, anything to look out for or is it a case of calling  auto glass and get it replaced. The car is IS300H 2105 exec. Thanks 

Make sure the rain sensing wipers and dimming rear view mirror still work when they have replaced the screen.

• Like 2

I had national windscreens replace mine last week.
Gave them the reg number and they had the correct screen supplied, and it was a genuine one as well
Don’t forget to get new wipers when you have your screen done

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have now had my screen replaced 4 times due to cracking since buying the car new in 2013 I have a IS300h Premier.  The first time it happened after I turned the volume up full on the ML audio system whilst listening to Abacab by Genesis and a 2 foot long crack appeared with a bang!. Just make sure you get an original OEM part as the third party replacement glass may not be suitable, for instance I have the auto high beam and Lane keep assist camera and the first glass which came did not have the gap for the camera. I think the glass is fragile as in the 30 years of driving before I had my IS300h  I only had one screen replacement, I drive approx 25k per year. I used Autowindscreens (other glass replacement services are available!).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, imgo said:

I have now had my screen replaced 4 times due to cracking since buying the car new in 2013 I have a IS300h Premier.  The first time it happened after I turned the volume up full on the ML audio system whilst listening to Abacab by Genesis and a 2 foot long crack appeared with a bang!. Just make sure you get an original OEM part as the third party replacement glass may not be suitable, for instance I have the auto high beam and Lane keep assist camera and the first glass which came did not have the gap for the camera. I think the glass is fragile as in the 30 years of driving before I had my IS300h  I only had one screen replacement, I drive approx 25k per year. I used Autowindscreens (other glass replacement services are available!).

I would advise strongly that you do not play the final movement of the 1812 Overture whilst in the car, then Michael !

Had auto glass replace the screen, however auto lights didn’t work. I’ve been told to drive it and will reset itself, not sure if that true, but I’ll find out soon enough when I can take it fir a drive.

Had auto glass replace the screen, however auto lights didn’t work. I’ve been told to drive it and will reset itself, not sure if that true, but I’ll find out soon enough when I can take it fir a drive.

Auto lights aren’t controlled by anything on the windscreen, the sensor for the lights is on the dashboard on the passenger side.

They haven’t switched the auto lights off have they?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk