Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX250h Winter Warming/Locking doors

Just had  a thought, in winter with minus temperatures, it would be nice to keep the car running whilst it warms up and whilst the doors are locked.

Can you do this (without using manual key) How? Else, guess it means sitting in a freezing car for 5 mins until it has defrosted and warmed up. 

Thanks.

My winter routine..

Open car, start engine, switch on heated seats (and now I can also switch on the heated steering wheel 😎) switch on the heated rear screen and door mirrors.

Scrape windscreen and side windows clear

Get back in and drive away.

Car is pushing out warm air within 1 mile, seats are toasty warm...

Unless you are parked on private land (driveway) it is an offence to leave a car unattended with the engine running.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

can not tell about UX, but other brands can do this easily via app, with a press of a button from a distance

I remember that my GS used to have on line access, not sure how and if things have changed, perhaps you can contact Lexus dealership?

• 2 weeks later...
My winter routine..
Open car, start engine, switch on heated seats (and now I can also switch on the heated steering wheel [emoji41]) switch on the heated rear screen and door mirrors.
Scrape windscreen and side windows clear
Get back in and drive away.
Car is pushing out warm air within 1 mile, seats are toasty warm...

Unless you are parked on private land (driveway) it is an offence to leave a car unattended with the engine running.
I didn't think the heating seats worked until someone actually sat in the seats.... Even if the lights show that they have been switched on, I believe they will not actually warm up until they detect the weight of an occupant. Is this not the case?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

On 12/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, DanD said:

I didn't think the heating seats worked until someone actually sat in the seats.... Even if the lights show that they have been switched on, I believe they will not actually warm up until they detect the weight of an occupant. Is this not the case?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

I think you are probably right on this one. The seats in my RX450h certainly don't appear to work without occupation (my wife left the passenger seat on high yesterday) and it was stone cold when empty. 

Just did a test on my RC seat heaters..

Got in and started the car (hybrid system On), switched both seat heaters on, got out as if to clear windows etc.. Left it running for ~4min. Got back in and noticed my drivers seat was warm. I placed my hand on the passenger seat and it felt cool. Got out and went round and sat in the passenger seat. The seat felt warm under my backside..

Went for a short drive. Felt the passenger seat with my hand and it felt warm toward the back of the seat, cooler nearer the front.

(Incidentally found out if one gets out of the car and tries to open the passenger door it will still be locked, even though carrying the smart key.. Logical but confused me briefly )

Just read through the Lexus-tech docs regarding seat heater function and there is no mention of a seat occupancy sensor (other than the seat belt buckle fastened/unfastened) but did discover that the seat has a set temp area (under one's buttocks) and variable temp areas (under one's thighs and shoulder/back area. These are controlled by the A/C amplifier and changes in response from the seat temp sensor and cabin air temp.

So, it appears the RC will heat the seats whether they are occupied or not

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links