Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF and Icy weather

Got into my car this morning, bit of ice on the vehicle, handle was slightly iced up. Started wondering how others had found getting into the car when the windows are deep frozen, iced up and therefore can't drop down to allow entry into the car?

Do I need to stock up on cans of de-icer?

Just now, JonP said:

Got into my car this morning, bit of ice on the vehicle, handle was slightly iced up. Started wondering how others had found getting into the car when the windows are deep frozen, iced up and therefore can't drop down to allow entry into the car?

Outside!!! 🙈

Give me the keys back NOW!! 😂😜😜

Text apology on way to you as well 😢

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonP said:

I never had a problem with the RC-F the 3 years i had it although the mirrors did make a all fall noise when they moved out, so i did turn of that feature, admittedly when the weather was really bad i used my run around car, I will have the added problem with the LC of the door handle icing up and not popping out.

36 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Outside!!! 🙈

Give me the keys back NOW!! 😂😜😜

Text apology on way to you as well 😢

They treat em rough where I come from up north...

11 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Give the door rubbers a good treatment with Gummi Pflege to prevent them freezing up 

Sounds like a good tip, I'll give that whirl....

Before you park up kill the heat and drop the temp....reduces condensation

Make sure windows and seal are REALLY clean, all that road **** and salt doesn't help

As mentioned above use rubber treatment, or start with silicone spray or just plain old fashioned household polish

some people mention hot water but i wouldn't - it can crack glass, you can use tap temp it will still be higher than the frozen seal 

Works for me......

And if you get stuck somewhere...make sure you have a bottle of water and diet coke.....and unfreeze the door the old fashioned way...also marks the car as your territory 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richard Kenny said:

Before you park up kill the heat and drop the temp....reduces condensation

Make sure windows and seal are REALLY clean, all that road **** and salt doesn't help

As mentioned above use rubber treatment, or start with silicone spray or just plain old fashioned household polish

some people mention hot water but i wouldn't - it can crack glass, you can use tap temp it will still be higher than the frozen seal 

Works for me......

And if you get stuck somewhere...make sure you have a bottle of water and diet coke.....and unfreeze the door the old fashioned way...also marks the car as your territory 😂

The old methods are always the best, though I might not tell my wife about that, should it become necessary.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links