Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Old for Old

Syd Lambton

Hi guys; I’m old returning Member.

Had an old 1996 LS400, don 157000 miles plus; beginning to show its age like me, although I have a 10x3Mt carport with a 3Mt wide gate, I never kept the car under it was a pain opening and shutting it in bad weather, out the front there’s 40Ft pin tree, always dropping pine needles and sap; it ruined the body over 25 years.

So, I’ve bought a cracking 1998 LS400 57000 miles showroom condition, payed over the top. Before I took deliver, I had the old carport door replaced with a crocodile shutter door, not letting this one going the same as old one.

Syd.

Welcome back Syd, that does indeed look to be a superb motor. I don't know what you paid for it but it certainly looks the business.

I just really cannot understand the reasoning behind buying such a car and only doing a few hundred miles a year in it. I don't know who the previous owner was but I feel like giving them a good shake and saying, "Life is not a rehersal. Get out there and drive it, enjoy the spoils of your hard-earned cash!"

I sincerely hope you're going to enjoy it to the fullest extent Syd - get out there and enjoy every single minute of driving your new beast around!

So we were wrong, they do still make the LS400, they must do, you've got a brand new one!  I saw this advertised a while ago, surely one of the finest available, if not the finest.