Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at an rcf

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

I guess it depends on previous car experience and everyone has their own definition of 'reasonable' - mine is very, very low haha! Also depends on how comfortable you may be with your working on cars, I bought my EBC pads for just over £100 and fitted them myself, that's my idea of reasonable 😛 and I will probs do the same for the discs when required.

Indeed it does if I remember correctly the OEM discs front and back (just the discs in steel) for my CL65 were around £4K. So it makes the RCF pretty inexpensive, although it would appear from a previous thread that the RCF discs seem to wear out pretty quick. Not sure if that's a case of softer steel or harder pads.

I think having experienced m car tax before as well as Porsche tax with a 944 it does sound reasonable 

hopefully going to see one in Sussex on Thursday 🙂 hopefully lives up to the hype but I understand it is a grower 

i test drive an Aston Martin rapide and I must admit barring the sound and looks I was distinctly underwhelmed 

For me the RCF ticked all the boxes.

When it was released I never thought I'd ever be able to own one.

I dove an Audi S7, nice car but not for me.

I considered a C63, but with numerous design issues (engine) and being notoriously difficult to work on, meaning big labour bills, a smaller fuel tank (plus lower mpg) and big insurance premiums I knocked that idea on the head.

BMW (please nobody take offense) but not a chance.

The car I really, really wanted was a facelift XKR, but it would have been older, cost the same money and had less practicality. 

A new Mustang was a 9 month wait, offered only small discounts and has some questionable interior plastics.

The RCF is sensible in most respects, doesn't cost the earth to run, won't let me down, can be lairy when I want it to be and most importantly, it's different!

I genuinely look forward to every drive and even just starting her up puts a smile on my face.

I consider myself very lucky to be able to own such a car and realise its probably going to be the pinnacle of my car ownership, unless I get an LC500 in a few years, but by then we will be all electric 😔

Till then, ceramic coat to come, plus a few more upgrades maybe next year... can't wait 😍

Still looking but can't help notice a complete absence of 2016/17 cars .Are they all tied up in PCP deals ? 

As a result many of the 2015's are sat there at silly money.

2 hours ago, Drssg said:

I think having experienced m car tax before as well as Porsche tax with a 944 it does sound reasonable 

hopefully going to see one in Sussex on Thursday 🙂 hopefully lives up to the hype but I understand it is a grower 

i test drive an Aston Martin rapide and I must admit barring the sound and looks I was distinctly underwhelmed 

Don't get me started on Aston Martins, I had arranged a test drive with a main dealer in Walton on Thames to test a fabulous looking light green metallic AM V8S soft top. In my usual car buying spree I had set a budget so was testing the AM first, an Audi R8 followed by an AMG all about the same price. I took the Aston Martin out and within two minutes I hated it, the gear shifts with the paddles lurched you forward, I said to the salesman the last time I tested a paddle shift so bad it was in a Maserati 4200 to which he replied it's the same company who make the Aston Martin one. I even tried the car in full auto and didn't like it either, the engine sounded dreadful and overall I came away with a dream shattered. Bought the AMG in the end. A friend of mine has one of the new DB11 V12's it is a much better car than the older models.

My budget is basically fleixible dependent on the car eg a different budget for an rcf or m4 vs an s63 or rapide 

The rapide, I don’t know if this one was particularly tired example but it rattled over bumps, some of the switches reminded me of an L Reg Clio I used to drive as a teenager and genuinely drove and handled worse than my xkr. No way a 44k car. It had the same zf gearbox as the jag too but it wasn’t configured the same,  it was slower on the shifts. Oh well never mind that’s definitely one off the list

friday I am going to see an rcf and a Quadrifoglio now this will be interesting 

4 hours ago, Drssg said:

My budget is basically fleixible dependent on the car eg a different budget for an rcf or m4 vs an s63 or rapide 

The rapide, I don’t know if this one was particularly tired example but it rattled over bumps, some of the switches reminded me of an L Reg Clio I used to drive as a teenager and genuinely drove and handled worse than my xkr. No way a 44k car. It had the same zf gearbox as the jag too but it wasn’t configured the same,  it was slower on the shifts. Oh well never mind that’s definitely one off the list

Do let us know how you get on, one of the members on here bought a Quadrifoglio, I looked at one too and liked it but didn't need a four door four seater. Nice car but I got the impression after a bit of research that the dealers are on the whole second rate and that's putting it kindly.

9 hours ago, Drssg said:

Check for corrosion on the Quad, wheels, wheel caps, boot lip internal welds etc 

Great cars, but not without issues and dealer service VERY mixed.

Yes I think if I was to go for the quad (have to rearrange to view on Sunday) then I will get an independent inspection anyway from a guy who has saved my friends and I potentially thousands ... eg a clocked c63 and a panamera turbo that despite being dealer approved had had faults deleted off the ecu 12 miles earlier 

Lexus I may just do the same for peace of mind and with a private buy I would do it without a doubt 

Just an update still no blue ones 😞 

drove an m6 gc as another alternative and an amazing car but feels very large and I don’t need that much space. Dealer almost lost it in the wet “taking it out of the lanes” guess that is what you get with a spiky power delivery 

booked for Wednesday to test drive the closest rcf to me , there has been a lot of anticipation now I cannot wait 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links